aspiesw

I wanted to ask what other people do to deal with stress. I'm usually quite bad at dealing with stress, when I'm at work, and I'm under pressure, I really struggle to perform properly and I panic a lot, even when doing simple tasks, whenever I struggle with them, I panic and worry. I get really anxious and worried when I'm stressed, I struggle to concentrate and make mistakes, I wish I wasn't like this and could just turn off my emotions, but I cant. Any help of how to better deal with stress? Sorry if I haven't explained properly

Catman2018

I listen to music that really helps relax. I use deep breathing to release my stress. I have anxiety diary on my computer and write down my thoughts. I Christian meditate. I talk to people. I watch movies and YouTube videos to reduce my stress.   I Play video games to reduce my stress. I have done guided imagery before, that worked. I have done mindfulness meditation that causes me to panic more, than to reduce my anxiety. For my stress I even take a mental health recovery day (MHRD).

Edited by MCXV

ponz

I dance, which is like meditation for me, and I practice deep breathing exercises everyday (though that's to help reduce my blood pressure). Positive thinking, affirmations, proper music and planning/organizing steps are helpful, too.

Catman2018

I dance, which is like meditation for me, and I practice deep breathing exercises everyday (though that's to help reduce my blood pressure). Positive thinking, affirmations, proper music and planning/organizing steps are helpful, too.

I dance  as well.  I also spin around when I listen to music , and flap my hands to calm me down

Edited by MCXV

PandaPrincess

Like everyone else said, listening to music really helps.  I also play video games, and I find that watching my favorite episode of Buffy The Vampire Slayer helps calm me down when I'm upset.  I've had to do that a lot these past few weeks.  I also wear my "stress bracelet" when I know I'm going to have a stressful day.  It is a squishy bracelet that has little hairs that I can pull on.  It's much like a stim toy.  

RiRi

I don't perform too well either when I'm feeling stressed, or pressured. In general, when I'm feeling stressed, I take deep breaths, cry, talk to someone who understands me, listen to music.

Edited by Anna

L Lawliet

Stand somewhere dark and quiet. Sounds silly, but when I'm stressed at work, I go and stand in the cupboard under the stairs. If people see me in there it just looks like I'm stock checking. Nothing calms me more than a quiet dark space like that. But then I often get overstimulated by noise and light so this is ideal for. Might not be ideal for others.

I also drink a warm drink, make my breathing deep (sometimes you don't realise how shallow your breathing is when your stressed until you stop and feel it) and I might have a stress toy in my pocket. If not I bob my leg up and down really fast (this is how I stim)

Long term I do resistance workouts (weights) and I do yoga at least once a week. Helps me a lot :) Hope you're ok x

Nesf

Yes, that's difficult if you are at work - I think that I'd go to the bathroom for a few minutes to be alone and to reset, or gather my thoughts.

aspiesw

Yes, that's difficult if you are at work - I think that I'd go to the bathroom for a few minutes to be alone and to reset, or gather my thoughts.

Stand somewhere dark and quiet. Sounds silly, but when I'm stressed at work, I go and stand in the cupboard under the stairs. If people see me in there it just looks like I'm stock checking. Nothing calms me more than a quiet dark space like that. But then I often get overstimulated by noise and light so this is ideal for. Might not be ideal for others.

I also drink a warm drink, make my breathing deep (sometimes you don't realise how shallow your breathing is when your stressed until you stop and feel it) and I might have a stress toy in my pocket. If not I bob my leg up and down really fast (this is how I stim)

Long term I do resistance workouts (weights) and I do yoga at least once a week. Helps me a lot :) Hope you're ok x

Both great pieces of advice, I should've really took that into account today, I did get stressed at work, the new guy asking me for help every few seconds, the mess of the shop floor, the silly customer requests (some customers are lovely, others are time wasters).

To answer your question Lace, I am both brilliant and not so good at the same time. Inbox me and I'll elaborate

MOVIE1000

When i got stressed, i mostly shut-Down rest of the day, and going to Watch movies or play games.

Music helps me when im outside, if i need to go into a bus or into the center of city. Hard to explain but music for me, helops me to escape from public with all thoose people.