Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LizW95

Which Laptop is best for me - any suggestions?

LizW95

Pretty much what the title says. 

I have looked at Mac's but haven't a clue if I were to get one which one to go for! 

If I just tell you what I use mine for the most then someone point me in the right direction! 

Pictures (I take a lot of pictures and would love to use photo shop or what ever the hell it is called) 

Music (Listen to a lot of music - Music is my life (hate using that phrase but it is!) 

Tracking storms (So basically at this time of year from now till around June time I am always tracking tornadoes e.c.t. I watch a lot of live videos from people in the US who are live streaming whilst tracking these beautiful parts of nature!)

Writing - I do like to write stories and so on. (Does emailing come into this part?) 

That's about it. 

Open to any suggestions. 

Thanks 

Liz. 

spiderwoman0_2

What's your budget?

Bruce

I think you'd find most laptops would cover those needs nowadays!

LizW95

Budget is below £1000, not going over! (Part of me thinks it is ridiculous to spend that much on a laptop but hey ho!)  

spiderwoman0_2

Well to be honest macs are too expensive and the safari browser doesn't like flash.  Any of the laptops are good, just make sure they have plenty of memory (over 8Gb) and a descent sized hard drive at least 1Tb because you'll need the space for all your pictures and music and room for writing.

Bruce

Although you'd also want everything backed up, so you'll need external storage, too! Sounds like mine would do & that was only £350

Khasper

I did a quick search and I saw this laptop...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00A0K01H2/ref=s9_hps_bw_g147_ir03?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-2&pf_rd_r=7374D21F759B4CBFB261&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=395653187&pf_rd_i=429886031

It is comparible to what I picked up for my niece who does similar things, though she isn't in to heavy photo editing. She goes online, homework, video chats and listens to music.

Willow
Although you'd also want everything backed up, so you'll need external storage, too! Sounds like mine would do & that was only £350

Some form of cloud storage package would be better. House burns down = laptop and external hard drive gone.

Bruce

Better have both - online account hacked or if site does go down, etc & that's lost, too! It happened to somebody I know last week on a Chromebook.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.