Guest RaphaPower

Feminism Has Gone WAY TOO FAR

Guest RaphaPower

Feminism  has become a place of man hating a place of bigotry. A place of special advantages for being part of the female gender. They only focus on woman and make men out to be so privileged when men have a ton of problems too we need to adress like large the suicide rate is for men, why there is no men against violence act and why woman who throw out rape allegations that are found to be false don't get charged anything. Also how the custody  laws favor woman because there are nurturing and how none takes male rape seriously. Why is the  media so focused on feminism. It's hurting woman too. Acting like they are victims. or more telling them they are. It's bad education. It's telling woman they are so disadvantaged when in America and 1rst world countries they are not. We all have the freedom to choose what work we want to go in but socially woman have more freedom. They don't have the pressures to provide. They have a lot of lee way with the career they choose. Most of them choose part time jobs and work less hours because it's healthy but the media tells us there is  a wage gap that doesn't exist. You can't create a wage gap by just asking random people how much they are paid. You have to take in certain factors like hours worked what position  and all sort of things. It is becoming popular in America to be a victim. I don't even call myself of a victim of aspergers. We are not victims. How are we going to progress in this amazing Amierican Society if we call ourself victims. We are free. Woman are free. Men are free but we all have a load of problems that should still be faced by banning the word bossy is not one of them. That stupid and trivial. My youtube channel Rapha Power is all about helping people with aspergers. helping people accept themselves and not label themselves as victims and be depressed. Society telling us what we are makes me mad. Woman , Men people with disabilities. If everybody just accepted that people were different from each other and not everyone can be always equal all the time than it would be a much better place. 

Dr-David-Banner

Feminism all falls apart when the car breaks down. ;)

No Longer Here

Feminism can't have gone too far as we still don't have full equality

null

While I agree that more attention needs to be drawn to the male suicide rate and male rape, I don't agree that feminism has gone too far. Women are not as free as you may think. Most men are free to go out without having a load of morons shouting stuff like 'get ya tits out love!' while women don't usually enjoy this freedom.

To be frank, despite your claims that we shouldn't play the victim, is that not what you're doing with this very thread? Playing a victim of feminism?

blacktiger911

they can bitch all they want, wont change anything. they want all men removed from every U.S. police department and replaced by women. there all to far fetched ideas.

null

they can bitch all they want, wont change anything. they want all men removed from every U.S. police department and replaced by women. there all to far fetched ideas.

As I mentioned in your original thread about that, that was a troll, not a real feminist

null

This should be a real eye-opener for all males. Watch.

Everythingisfeynman

It's a bunch of people saying hello and 1 creepy guy walking along with her for a few minutes(scarry as hell but not a sign of opression). The majority of feminists i have heared discussing this video even think it gives western feminism a bad name. The factual feminist on youtube probably did a critical analysis on this video, she's usually spot on.

There is actual opression of women in the world...this is not it!

Feminism can't have gone too far as we still don't have full equality

Depends if you want equality of outcome or equality of opportunity? Unless you think men and women want exactually the same things you will never get equality of outcome. Unless you want to force both men and women to do things they dont want to do for the sake of equality?

A perfect example of feminism gone to far is when a dutch neurologist(Dick Swaab...yes that is his actual name) got death threats for publishing his research findings on possible differences between the male and female brain. Another good example is the founder of one of the worlds first women shelters(Erin Pizzey), she came to the conclusion that a lot of the women in her shelter where just as violent as the men they fled from and decided that she would also like to help battered men. She had to flea the UK to america due to death threats and i believe they killed her dog at one point.

Also intersectionallity(one of the jems of feminist academia) wich boils down to juding people based on their race, gender & sexuality! It leads to people believing that you can't be racist to white people because they have institutional power, or you can't be sexist towards men because they have institutional power. It's pure bigotry wrapped in a cover of equality.

I used to consider myself to be a feminist because i believe men and women are equal and deserve equal rights and opportinities.

These days i consider myself an anti-feminist(and an egalitarian) because i believe men and women are equal and deserve equal rights and opportunities.

Feminism has become somewhat of an obsession of mine...it also scares me alot how easely people turn a blind eye to hate and discrimination when you tell them it's for the cause of womens rights!

I know how my post must look to all of you who actaully took the time to read my ramblings and if anybody told me a year or two ago that feminism has become a hate movement i would have laughed my ass off( wich is probably what your doing right now), but I forced myself to look at feminism critically and the results where depressing to say the least.

So has feminism gone to far? Yes.

Has every single feminist gone to far? No, offcourse not the majority of them are just nice people who believe in equality, they are simply unaware of the bad elements of the movement.

I'll end this with the beautifull words of bertrand russel; "love is wise an hatred is foolish"! No real relevance to the discussion i'm just hoping some one might look up his message to the future on youtube. It's what i strife for but sadly fail alot at...and so it goes!

Edited by Everythingisfeynman

L Lawliet

It's not about equal rights, it's about equal opportunity. No one can be treated the same way because people are different, but everyone should be given the same opportunities. Assuming that someone can't do something because of their gender, age, etc. is discrimination. Everyone should be presented with the chance to do it and not humiliated if they can't do it.

null

It's a bunch of people saying hello and 1 creepy guy walking along with her for a few minutes(scarry as hell but not a sign of opression). The majority of feminists i have heared discussing this video even think it gives western feminism a bad name. The factual feminist on youtube probably did a critical analysis on this video, she's usually spot on.

There is actual opression of women in the world...this is not it!

Depends if you want equality of outcome or equality of opportunity? Unless you think men and women want exactually the same things you will never get equality of outcome. Unless you want to force both men and women to do things they dont want to do for the sake of equality?

A perfect example of feminism gone to far is when a dutch neurologist(Dick Swaab...yes that is his actual name) got death threats for publishing his research findings on possible differences between the male and female brain. Another good example is the founder of one of the worlds first women shelters(Erin Pizzey), she came to the conclusion that a lot of the women in her shelter where just as violent as the men they fled from and decided that she would also like to help battered men. She had to flea the UK to america due to death threats and i believe they killed her dog at one point.

Also intersectionallity(one of the jems of feminist academia) wich boils down to juding people based on their race, gender & sexuality! It leads to people believing that you can't be racist to white people because they have institutional power, or you can't be sexist towards men because they have institutional power. It's pure bigotry wrapped in a cover of equality.

I used to consider myself to be a feminist because i believe men and women are equal and deserve equal rights and opportinities.

These days i consider myself an anti-feminist(and an egalitarian) because i believe men and women are equal and deserve equal rights and opportunities.

Feminism has become somewhat of an obsession of mine...it also scares me alot how easely people turn a blind eye to hate and discrimination when you tell them it's for the cause of womens rights!

I know how my post must look to all of you who actaully took the time to read my ramblings and if anybody told me a year or two ago that feminism has become a hate movement i would have laughed my ass off( wich is probably what your doing right now), but I forced myself to look at feminism critically and the results where depressing to say the least.

So has feminism gone to far? Yes.

Has every single feminist gone to far? No, offcourse not the majority of them are just nice people who believe in equality, they are simply unaware of the bad elements of the movement.

I'll end this with the beautifull words of bertrand russel; "love is wise an hatred is foolish"! No real relevance to the discussion i'm just hoping some one might look up his message to the future on youtube. It's what i strife for but sadly fail alot at...and so it goes!

The point of the video is to show how much attention she's getting just for being female. She's not dressed provocatively, she's not walking sexily or anything, just a normal looking woman walking around New York. If a normal looking guy did the same, would they get as much attention? How can this video give Western Feminism a bad name? It doesn't have a bold message that guys suck. She doesn't start going on about all men being potential rapists or whatever (something I've seen an extreme 'feminist' claim before). If anything, it's one of the more reasonable videos on feminism I've seen and is quite powerful.

It's a very sweeping statement to say that feminism itself has gone too far though. You say yourself that most feminists are probably reasonable people. I don't think anyone is debating that some people who identify as feminism do go way too far, but the ones that go so far (such as the ones who talk about crushing men's balls and that rubbish) are usually very psychologically unstable and their rantings have very little to do with feminism. To me, they're not feminists, just people who need urgent psychological treatment. So it's not feminism that's going too far, it's individuals going too far.