Ben

The Asperclick Scrap Book.

Aspergolfer

Entry #21, Find your talent and take full advantage of it.

I'm a golfer,  an Autistic legally blind golfer.  But importantly,  I am a golfer.  I have honed my ability to play despite my handicaps. We all have disadvantages, but don't let them get in the way of your dreams. 

RiRi

Entry 27. “You can't connect the dots looking forward you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future.” -Steve Jobs

Ben

"Time goes by so fast" - false. Time can be subjective. 

Ever noticed how time seemed to go by slower when you were a child compared to now? It might be because you're not giving yourself enough variation. 

Learning forces the mind to grow, develop and build. As a child you did it constantly, but as an adult, you succumb to routines, mindless jobs,  "living for the weekend" and general humdrum. You don't have the time to learn anything new, try anything new or experience anything new because you're tied down to commitment and/or a job based on regiment. So if the brain isn't experiencing anything new, then what you do tomorrow,  the 'mental database' will not need to store it -  thereby causing the perception of accelerated time. 

The answer? Find a way to change, even if it costs you financially. Money can always be restored. TIME can NOT.

Edited by Ben

Ben
On 7/2/2013 at 4:31 PM, Ben said:

Be good to your wife; for she is worth more than three tons of gold. An atom from a fragment of her skin, is worth more than a hundred grams of saffron. She must be handled like a delicate flower, not shouted at and spoken down to like a dumb animal. She should be honoured and respected, or left to live her life without you; for a woman is better off living alone in the desert, that with an argumentative, passive, leech of a man. 

Your wife is not a piece of meat, to be used for your pleasure. She is a divine being, who deserves to be treated like a rare gemstone. She does not enjoy being used as a tool of your satisfaction. Your sexual release in the grand scheme of the marriage is worth as much as an eyelash on an amoeba.  Be a generous lover, and not a selfish receiver, otherwise she will grow weary of you.

How poetic of me... 

It's kind of hard to believe I ever wrote this given how fiercely independent I would become. 

Willow
5 hours ago, Ben said:

How poetic of me... 

It's kind of hard to believe I ever wrote this given how fiercely independent I would become. 

I don’t remember reading it at the time. It’s as if you knew what was going on in my life 😂

Ben
7 hours ago, Willow said:

I don’t remember reading it at the time. It’s as if you knew what was going on in my life 😂

It's weird, because it's not the first time I've had sub-conscious telepathy or prophetic visions. I'm not saying anything spiritual is involved, but I do think our minds are more capable than we realise. Advanced intuition maybe?

By the way, did I just take a passive aggressive dig at a man I've never met? I'm honestly ashamed of myself 😂

Willow
5 hours ago, Ben said:

It's weird, because it's not the first time I've had sub-conscious telepathy or prophetic visions. I'm not saying anything spiritual is involved, but I do think our minds are more capable than we realise. Advanced intuition maybe?

By the way, did I just take a passive aggressive dig at a man I've never met? I'm honestly ashamed of myself 😂

Yeah I have similar moments of clarity/visions or however you want to phrase it. It's weird.

Even if you did take a dig, if they're treating people that way they kind of deserve it haha.

Ben
2 hours ago, Willow said:

Yeah I have similar moments of clarity/visions or however you want to phrase it. It's weird.

Even if you did take a dig, if they're treating people that way they kind of deserve it haha.

I might have to read back through more of my old posts... I wonder if I predicted a 2019 revamp. 

I KNOW I predicted something for 2020 - I'll have to find it. 

StarlessEclipse

My old posts make me wish the ground would swallow me up. I just came across like such a rude, self-righteous, arrogant, pretentious, know-it-all prick. I like to think I've become progressively less obnoxious with each passing year.

Willow
1 hour ago, Ben said:

I might have to read back through more of my old posts... I wonder if I predicted a 2019 revamp. 

I KNOW I predicted something for 2020 - I'll have to find it. 

Haha, yeah it'd be interesting to see. Compile them all into a Ben's Predictions thread in the Motivational Meadow :P 

1 hour ago, StarlessEclipse said:

My old posts make me wish the ground would swallow me up. I just came across like such a rude, self-righteous, arrogant, pretentious, know-it-all prick. I like to think I've become progressively less obnoxious with each passing year.

Aww, I don't ever remember thinking of you like that. I think you've gotten more positive over the years though :)