Ben

The Asperclick Scrap Book.

Ben

Entry 12; Ben's Advice For The Young Man Coming into Season. 

Be good to your wife; for she is worth more than three tons of gold. An atom from a fragment of her skin, is worth more than a hundred grams of saffron. She must be handled like a delicate flower, not shouted at and spoken down to like a dumb animal. She should be honoured and respected, or left to live her life without you; for a woman is better off living alone in the desert, that with an argumentative, passive, leech of a man. 

Your wife is not a piece of meat, to be used for your pleasure. She is a divine being, who deserves to be treated like a rare gemstone. She does not enjoy being used as a tool of your satisfaction. Your sexual release in the grand scheme of the marriage is worth as much as an eyelash on an amoeba.  Be a generous lover, and not a selfish receiver, otherwise she will grow weary of you.

Do not live out of your past by dwelling on failure. You may acknowledge failure; certainly learn from it, but dwelling on it in a negative way is a detriment to you, and all of your wonderful qualities. It will leech from you, and leave you rolling around in the mire of your own imperfections. You can not influence or change the past. But you can influence your future. Ask God for forgiveness, and he will bless your future.

Spend time with those who are rich in wisdom, and avoid those friends who are foolish and detrimental to you; for it is you who will suffer. Those friends are fools, and can not comprehend wisdom. They poke fun out of the wise, for they do not understand what it is to be wise. They are on there way to a life of disappointment, do not follow them down that road. Simply pray for them, and avoid them. 

Alex

Entry 12; Ben's Advice For The Young Man Coming into Season. 

Be good to your wife; for she is worth more than three tons of gold. An atom from a fragment of her skin, is worth more than a hundred grams of saffron. She must be handled like a delicate flower, not shouted at and spoken down to like a dumb animal. She should be honoured and respected, or left to live her life without you; for a woman is better off living alone in the desert, that with an argumentative, passive, leech of a man. 

Your wife is not a piece of meat, to be used for your pleasure. She is a divine being, who deserves to be treated like a rare gemstone. She does not enjoy being used as a tool of your satisfaction. Your sexual release in the grand scheme of the marriage is worth as much as an eyelash on an amoeba.  Be a generous lover, and not a selfish receiver, otherwise she will grow weary of you.

Do not live out of your past by dwelling on failure. You may acknowledge failure; certainly learn from it, but dwelling on it in a negative way is a detriment to you, and all of your wonderful qualities. It will leech from you, and leave you rolling around in the mire of your own imperfections. You can not influence or change the past. But you can influence your future. Ask God for forgiveness, and he will bless your future.

Spend time with those who are rich in wisdom, and avoid those friends who are foolish and detrimental to you; for it is you who will suffer. Those friends are fools, and can not comprehend wisdom. They poke fun out of the wise, for they do not understand what it is to be wise. They are on there way to a life of disappointment, do not follow them down that road. Simply pray for them, and avoid them. 

But why exactly should we treat a woman like she is worth more than us? Shouldn't we all be equal, no matter what gender we are? I am not necessarily disagreeing with you, but rather questioning what you are saying, to try and better understand it.

Ben

But why exactly should we treat a woman like she is worth more than us? Shouldn't we all be equal, no matter what gender we are? I am not necessarily disagreeing with you, but rather questioning what you are saying, to try and better understand it.

If she's the right woman, the mutual respect and honour will be unconditional. If not, then she is not right for you. 

The good wife should blossom in your heart like a magnolia tree in spring time; and give life to you like a fountain of cool flowing water. She'll give to you, and love you the same way you love her. 

In other words, the guys who have wonderful wives and treat them like crap, are the ones I'm talking about in post 13. 

Edited by Ben

Alex

If she's the right woman, the mutual respect and honour will be unconditional. If not, then she is not right for you. 

The good wife should blossom in your heart like a magnolia tree in spring time; and give life to you like a fountain of cool flowing water. She'll give to you, and love you the same way you love her. 

In other words, the guys who have wonderful wives and treat them like crap, are the ones I'm talking about in post 13. 

Yes, I understand now. I would certainly treat her with the same love and respect that I in turn expect her to treat me with. If you find a woman that does that to you, then you have to love her with all your heart and hold on to her, even through difficult times. Because difficult times are bound to happen, right? It can't all be fun and games. Eventually you will fall out with eachother, I expect, but if you truly love eachother, you look past it and carry on loving. That's what I would think atleast, with no relationship experience.

Xmas

Entry 13

"The past is not dead, it is living in us, and will be alive in the future which we are now helping to make."

- William Morris.

Ik3

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

~ John Stuart Mill.

English Economist and Philosopher.

InsomniaDreams

You've got to have a dream. If you don't have a dream then how are you gonna have a dream come true? Lol

Ben

Entry 15; More for the young man coming into season.

You are too young to be planning your life down to the last detail. Do not fear the future. Society becomes irritant, when such pressure is put on young men to find their niche early. Some of the most interesting people I have come across, are those who do not know what they intend to do in the future. They remain open minded, they take on multiple endeavours. They pick at life like a bowl of lush fruit, trying many different avenues.

If a person questions your bravery by avoiding conflict, then remember, the strongest thing any man can do, is to walk away with honour. You will be a role model and a person of respect. Don’t be yielded into a fight to prove your bravery.

A true friend will blossom in your heart, like a meadow flower. It will feel so good, and pure. A hoax friend will make you feel dark, dirty, and uneasy. You feel you have to compromise yourself for them. While a true friend will embrace all of you unconditionally, while providing camaraderie, fun, laughter, and a place to weep when you feel sorrow.

A partner; who has betrayed you, should be rejected from your mind. Do not let them hurt you any more, by allowing them to take away the best years of your life. Live on; draw back into your friends and family, and the people who matter. Weeping over someone who has been so cruel is a waste of time, and is a detriment to you. It will lay heavy on you, and prevent you being your absolute best. Trust in god, to right the wrong. Others in your life, who deserve your time, should not suffer due to a cruel person hurting you.

Do not bury pain, by turning to cheap thrills, and escapes. For your problems will still be there, with the added  repercussions of your selfish boy like actions. Journey deep within yourself, and open up to other men who are older and more experienced, for they will give you wisdom and guidance. Running from your problems, will only bury them deeper and deeper, until you end up living out of those wounds, and letting them dictate your life. 

Drop the bravado, for you appear to the world as an infant. Bravado does nothing but coax you into a life of denial. You are not who you think you are, you are not unstoppable or invincible. For God can strike you down in a heart beat if he so wished to. Accept you are not perfect, unless you are Jesus himself. 

RiRi

Entry 17.

First things first, I really like this thread. :) I put 17 because I think it got miscounted. :)

This is what I learned from one of my friends and it went something like this: 

Don't expect others to treat others the way you treat others, because they're not you. They don't see the world the way you see it.

Edited by Anna

RiRi

Entry 18.

Don't be extra nice to someone who doesn't like you/isn't nice to you.

Edited by Makelets