Ben

The Asperclick Scrap Book.

Ben
3 hours ago, Willow said:

Haha, yeah it'd be interesting to see. Compile them all into a Ben's Predictions thread in the Motivational Meadow :P 

Now that's an idea... 🍻 😆

Nesf
15 hours ago, StarlessEclipse said:

My old posts make me wish the ground would swallow me up. I just came across like such a rude, self-righteous, arrogant, pretentious, know-it-all prick. I like to think I've become progressively less obnoxious with each passing year.

I felt that many of your complaints about the educational system were justified. I had a bad time at school, too.

RiRi
On 1/6/2019 at 3:09 PM, Ben said:

"Time goes by so fast" - false. Time can be subjective. 

Ever noticed how time seemed to go by slower when you were a child compared to now? It might be because you're not giving yourself enough variation. 

Learning forces the mind to grow, develop and build. As a child you did it constantly, but as an adult, you succumb to routines, mindless jobs,  "living for the weekend" and general humdrum. You don't have the time to learn anything new, try anything new or experience anything new because you're tied down to commitment and/or a job based on regiment. So if the brain isn't experiencing anything new, then what you do tomorrow,  the 'mental database' will not need to store it -  thereby causing the perception of accelerated time. 

The answer? Find a way to change, even if it costs you financially. Money can always be restored. TIME can NOT.

I think you are right an time did go by slower when I was a child compared to the last five years. I was doing a lot more things prior to that. Now, time just flies. 

RiRi

Entry 30. I tried thinking of something earlier but I couldn't. It would have been half a$$ed. Something just popped up in my mind, something that I think is worth mentioning.

There will be people in your life, no matter how nice or good of a person you are (not that I am anything that I just mentioned but it is an observation I've made through the years), that just don't like you but don't take this personally because it might not be you who is to be disliked. Some people just may not like you and there might be or might not be a reason behind it. It might be out of jealousy or because the person just is not a match to your personality or they just don't like. So, don't try to make a person that doesn't like you or doesn't have your best interest at hand or a person that can't tolerate you, don't try to make them like you. It's really not worth your time. There is no one in this world who is liked by everyone. And you don't want a person who just doesn't like you in your life. It's stressful, not worth it, and not smart.

HalfFull

Entry 31

If someone seems cold or a bit 'off' with you, and you don't know what you've done to deserve it, don't try to analyse it. They may have an irrational reaction to one little thing that you could never have guessed, or they may just be having a bad day or a bad time at the moment. Their football team may even have just lost!