Sign in to follow this  
aspiesw

Is it possible to be attracted only to transgender people

aspiesw

I'd say I'm a pretty open minded person, when it comes to sexual, gender, everything really. Heck, my ex boyfriend was transgender ftm. I know sexuality is fluid, so this is probably a stupid question. Is it possible to only attracted to transgender men, or transgender women, or both?

Asgardian

I would think that is possible, yes. Some people are attracted to men, some to women, some to both, some are sexually attracted to neither sex and are asexual. So along that line of thought, I think it is definitely possible to be sexually attracted solely to transgender people.

Also, I do not think it is a stupid question at all, in fact quite the opposite. It had never occurred to me before that people may only be attracted to transgender people, but now you mention it I fail to see why it isn't possible.

Peridot

I'd say I'm a pretty open minded person, when it comes to sexual, gender, everything really. Heck, my ex boyfriend was transgender ftm. I know sexuality is fluid, so this is probably a stupid question. Is it possible to only attracted to transgender men, or transgender women, or both?

Well, I'm only attracted to women. But to only be attracted to transgender people is something else. I think it's unlikely and if it is not, it is rare.

King_oni

But would you be attracted to them just by know they're transgender? 

The few transgender folks I've met either on or offline have a certain look, that to me always felt "somewhere in between male and female". Perhaps the notion of androgyny comes in as well. Perhaps it's just that you like that look in a physical sense.

Whoknows

To be true, not sure. :huh:

brokenOne

I'm attracted to it all which some would say makes me Pansexual. Still not sure how i feel about that label. But yes i think it is possible.

HamburgerHelper

I think it's definitely possible. Sexuality is a such a large and weird spectrum; anything is possible. It does seem rather inconvenient though. The trans population is small and incognito by nature. The aim is to "pass" completely and due to the way society treats transfolk, we're not inclined to out ourselves. I'm a transman myself and I pass completely, as do many trans people I've met. You wouldn't guess we were ever born the opposite gender. So that poses the question; how do you find one? Are you unattracted to a person until they out themselves or do you have highly sharp trans-dar?

Whoknows

Now that I thought about it, it is.

The Boat Captain

I like how I saw the title to this topic, Is it possible to only be attracted to transgender people?, and then the name of the most recent person to respond, Whoknows. I was like "yep".

(In case no one gets that, I'm saying that "Who knows?" is the same answer I would have given)