Tylermc

I'm going too miss your videos Willow I love Willow

RiRi

I'm also worried that asperclick will shut down I hope not

It's her decision in the end and as people have said, she deserves to do what's best for her.

Kind of adds fuel to the fire of the theory that AS or at least HF AS doesn't really exist as a medical condition, it's just a phase you go through perhaps.

You can convince yourself, or be convinced of anything.

Don't jump on me, it's open to discussion and just something I've been pondering over lately.

I don't think it's a phase a person goes through. I've always been the way I am, I just noticed it when I could no longer fake being someone who I wasn't. When I'd had too much interaction when I couldn't take it any longer.

Ben

The forum will undoubtedly stay. It's relatively low input in the grand scheme of things, and since so many people get so much from it, I can't imagine that it would close. Even the 2010 version of Asperclick is still kicking about somewhere I think. 

Edited by Ben

Tylermc

I will always support willow xx but I'm sad that Willow is not going too her videos anymore but I'm happy too see her artwork and her photography

Asgardian

Kind of adds fuel to the fire of the theory that AS or at least HF AS doesn't really exist as a medical condition, it's just a phase you go through perhaps.

Don't jump on me, it's open to discussion and just something I've been pondering over lately.

I wouldn't say that I agree it is just a phase. Having said that, I (and I think other people on the spectrum do as well) have times where I feel less like I have AS, and more like I am just odd and different to others. I think the problem is that it is a spectrum. It means that there are varying levels of how people struggle with things. A lot of people with AS/autism will probably go throughout their whole lives not realising they have it because they don't struggle with things, whereas many others on the spectrum need help daily. It is an interesting point. Personally I think that it does exist, but I can appreciate how some people can be confused by it because of the varying nature of the autistic spectrum. I hope something somewhere in this makes sense, it became a bit of a ramble in the end.

Edited by Phil

Tylermc

It's her decision in the end and as people have said, she deserves to do what's best for her. You are right Anna

I don't think it's a phase a person goes through. I've always been the way I am, I just noticed it when I could no longer fake being someone who I wasn't. When I'd had too much interaction when I couldn't take it any longer.

Peridot

I think what she means by that is that she feels like she doesn't have any advice to offer (any recent advice anyway) because she doesn't go out much. She is in a controlled environment so all the things she would normally be affected by AS aren't there anymore.

What about when she says "I have changed as person and I feel I'm growing away from Asperger's"?

RiRi

What about when she says "I have changed as person and I feel I'm growing away from Asperger's"?

Well, in all, only Willow can tells us what she meant because she wrote it, but what I get from that is that she's become less aspie like? I noticed it throughout the years of making videos where she used to not be able to look at the camera and now she can, etc. 

Peridot

That's an interesting debate/question for sure. In the past I may have shown behavior which resembled that of Autistic people but as time went by that changed (completely). I've almost been diagnosed by a psychiatrist where he said he thought I had Autism but I stopped that whole process back then as I didn't want them to try to, just like you say, convince me of having limitations which I felt weren't there.

Edited by Peridot

RiRi

That's an interesting debate/question for sure. In the past I may have shown behavior which resembled that of Autistic people but as time went by that changed (completely). I've almost been diagnosed by a psychiatrist where he said he thought I had Autism but I stopped that whole process back then as I didn't want them to try to, just like you say, convince me of having limitations which I felt weren't there.

I know there is such thing as Asperger's syndrome because my preference would never be to interact with people. I wish I liked interacting with people and have someone shout in my ear, but I really would not want that. Also the hypersensitiveness, I wish it wasn't there, but it is.

Peridot

I know there is such thing as Asperger's syndrome because my preference would never be to interact with people. I wish I liked interacting with people and have someone shout in my ear, but I really would not want that. Also the hypersensitiveness, I wish it wasn't there, but it is.

I think it exists too. *nods* But I think there are also cases where the behavior that resembles the symptoms of AS has something else at the heart of it.