Mike_GX101

Breaking free of bad routines

Willow
And by carrying on with the above, ignoring signs of depression, and carrying on because they feel society tells them too, is going to make it better? Does my cut get better if I keep picking at the scab? No it will eventually get infected. 

One way or the other, the body will put you out of commission. Why is obesity on the rise? Why is stress on the rise? Cancer, heart problems, you name it, it's all on the rise. And it's because people pound away like a beaten horse ignoring their well being. 

'Oh but some don't have a choice, they have kids to look after' 

Trust me, your more helpful to your child when your broke, and happy, then when you are bringing in a bit more money, and feeling like shit everyday. I'm not saying live off benefits (Last thing anyone should do) But I strongly believe no matter who you are or what you do, everyone at some point needs time out. 

People don't think they have a choice because of what mainstream dogma tells them. A lot of people are brain washed. 

Self respect, confidence, and happiness, have to be restored. And you can't do it, if you keep grinding away. You have to go on a self rescue plan right away, and do what's best for you. 

No but you have to carry on until you can be in a position to take the time out, either because you've found a new job, started your own business, saved for a holiday etc. It's just not as simple as you're saying, that's all. Having debt because you couldn't afford food at one time or another, that won't go away if you bury your head in the sand, just because you need time out. You have to figure a way to sort it, not ignore it - it will still be there when you get back from your break.

Ben

The fact still remains. The best, and quickest way out of depression is what I have listed above. At what price though, that's up to the recipient. Everyone needs to be kinder to themselves and respect what, and who they are, before they can carry on with things at 100% effort.  

Bruce

And, as Ben says, eventually, you WILL shut down/ meltdown/ have a nervous breakdown or something! If you can catch the cycle early & make smaller adjustments to deal with it, that's better than ending up in the mental wards. Tricky sort of balance!

Andy

See, this is supposed to be an aspie thing, this routine thing, but I can't do routines, they drive me nuts with boredom and as it was in the past, the routines i had to have i had to vary the routine to stop the boredom setting in, because when I get bored i lose interest.

And so those that know me and know of autism they tell me i need routines as they are natural to my autism where I say you haven't got a clue beyond what you ave read or been told and that's the danger, we are being pigeon holed, told how we must be.

For me to break out of bad habits i just have to do it, not plan, just do it and keep just doing it deciding to do different from my natural instinct, which is hard becasue one has to be focused all the time and my focus well it wanders all over the place and so I forget.

Bruce

It's a general trait but I don't think I have the difficulties with it others here have said they do, either.

Ben
And, as Ben says, eventually, you WILL shut down/ meltdown/ have a nervous breakdown or something! If you can catch the cycle early & make smaller adjustments to deal with it, that's better than ending up in the mental wards. Tricky sort of balance!

Indeed. My uncle for one. He had to take the burden of his entire family after his dad died. He ended up having a severe mental breakdown. Voices in his head, walking around in the middle of the night crying and wailing, he had to come out of London and stay with us down south before being sectioned and put into a home until he was better. In fact this was 1996, and he still today has problems. 

And... 

He has aspergers!. Really important for us to look out for early signs. I'm not just saying this stuff in vain, I'm being serious. Even a small amount of stress can snowball into something serious. Never ever shrug things off. 

Willow

I've had a nervous breakdown before. I know when to take a step back from certain things, but other things can't be backed away from unfortunately. :( Hopefully things will straighten out.

Bruce

Well, of course, each has to decide for themselves just what to cut down on or when to do it and all the rest. Best wishes with it all!

Ben
I've had a nervous breakdown before. I know when to take a step back from certain things, but other things can't be backed away from unfortunately. :( Hopefully things will straighten out.

I say what I say because I care. It would be disaster and a tragedy if you were to have a full mental breakdown like my uncle did. I'm telling you, you would never come back from it, and you would be on medication for the rest of your life. 

You can not put a price on personal well being. 

Mike, take parts of my post that makes sense to you. Ideally follow it to a tee, but If that's not possible at least get the nutrition part down. 

iggy

When I tidy my room I have a really strict filing system for everything which sticks for about 3 weeks. My mood is best at this time, and then deteriorates with the state of my room. I'm not as messy in the rest of the house, I think it's because it's "my space"!

@ben - the only thing which really stood out of your post was 3000 - 5000mg of vitamin C! That seems to be a lot. I'm taking a nutrition exam in a few weeks, and we've been told overdosing vitamin C (so more 1500- 2500) every day can cause kidney stones/ upset stomach..... Is this complete nonsense?