Mike_GX101

Breaking free of bad routines

Willow
I'm not against the whole recycling thing but in recent times it seems to have gone from something you did automatically (and was happy to do) to something we're being forced to do.  I totally agree Andy that manufacturers should find ways to reduce their packaging which would also help to cut down on their overheads while allowing businesses to ship more goods at a time as well.

But on a practical front when you have two bath-tubs worth of rubbish to sort through more often than not there is always something you're not sure what you're meant to do with.  I have a crate of such things which is already brimming.  Add to it too that the waste tips (under watch of about 20-odd security cameras!!) won't accept unclean recycling either and you're facing a bit of a problem.

I always shred my old letters and bills but now I'm meant to place the shredding in clear bags for recycling.  But sadly shredding can be stitched back together fairly easily given enough incentive.  Mind you, I see people dumping things like that unshredded - that's even worse!

But I despair some times.  Maybe I'll have to get myself another crate and maybe rent another room just to store my ever growing I-don't-know-what-to-do-with waste!!

Where on Earth do you live, it sounds like a prison! Very strict. I've never heard of anything being so strict, both with your land lord and with the waste. :(

Mike_GX101

We're a fairly quiet peaceful corner of the UK - it's very beautiful with sea views, etc.  Nothing much happens out here so I'm as baffled as you!!  It is very strict, yes.  Very strait-laced.  It is becoming more so every year.

Willow
We're a fairly quiet peaceful corner of the UK - it's very beautiful with sea views, etc.  Nothing much happens out here so I'm as baffled as you!!  It is very strict, yes.  Very strait-laced.  It is becoming more so every year.

Not my idea of home if it's so strict, which is a shame because sea views sounds lovely! I guess if you're stuck there you're just going to have to come up with some ways to make it more bareable. Can't you take your excess rubbish to the local tip/ waste disposal or whatever they're called? Just to get it out of your way.

Scaly Piscine

Not so much routine but I was wondering if anyone else's brain gets stuck in a loop. I had the norovirus last night, by far the worst thing was the fatigue. I was being woken up or getting up every hour and a half for a bout of vomiting. Which was obviously quite tiring, but my brain just got stuck thinking about gibberish which stopped me from sleeping and also drained me mentally pretty badly. It has happened before, it's like a computer getting stuck in an infinite loop but because it's a sort of tired dream state, so it's usually a somewhat nonsensical cycle of thinking. I guess it's partly because of the capacity to obsess and over-analyse.

Nesf
Not so much routine but I was wondering if anyone else's brain gets stuck in a loop. I had the norovirus last night, by far the worst thing was the fatigue. I was being woken up or getting up every hour and a half for a bout of vomiting. Which was obviously quite tiring, but my brain just got stuck thinking about gibberish which stopped me from sleeping and also drained me mentally pretty badly. It has happened before, it's like a computer getting stuck in an infinite loop but because it's a sort of tired dream state, so it's usually a somewhat nonsensical cycle of thinking. I guess it's partly because of the capacity to obsess and over-analyse.

Yep, I get that sometimes. My brain goes into overdrive and I have a thought going round my head and can't sleep.

Hopw you're feeling better now.

Sofi

Yes, I think I get this too. I have always had terrible trouble sleeping and it is mainly due to my mind being unable to switch off and it does seem to get stuck in cycles of thinking when trying to sleep. I definitely am guilty of obsessing and over-analysing too! I obsess over the smallest details and will go over and over it in my head.

I don't know if this is related but my mind also gets very stuck on repeating the same phrase over. Sometimes, very mundane phrases but my mind will continue to repeat it and I'll say it out loud over and over again. 

I hope you are feeling better, after the norovirus...

Mike_GX101
Not my idea of home if it's so strict, which is a shame because sea views sounds lovely! I guess if you're stuck there you're just going to have to come up with some ways to make it more bareable. Can't you take your excess rubbish to the local tip/ waste disposal or whatever they're called? Just to get it out of your way.

I don't think so - they'd just tell you to turn the car around, take it home and sift through it all and clean it.  And if you didn't Big Brother would be onto you - they'd get a screen shot 20 different ways and report it as "challenging behaviour".  You'd get a mugshot on the front of the local newspaper and an Asbo to go with it!

Makes you wonder what the hell the local tips are actually for!  They're just there for show these days it seems that we all pay for!!

Edited by Mike_GX101

weebo

i live in a messy room half the time to onl tidy it when i really need to, but the kitchen i like to be tidy all the time its a bit odd i think, iam forever losing things in my room and then i get stressed out and angry and make more mess, i love it when its tidy but i just cant seem to keep it that way no matter how hard i try 

Willow
I don't think so - they'd just tell you to turn the car around, take it home and sift through it all and clean it.  And if you didn't Big Brother would be onto you - they'd get a screen shot 20 different ways and report it as "challenging behaviour".  You'd get a mugshot on the front of the local newspaper and an Asbo to go with it!

Makes you wonder what the hell the local tips are actually for!  They're just there for show these days it seems that we all pay for!!

That's a shame. We take bags of stuff to our local tip sometimes and they're really helpful, usually they just take it off us and sort it out themselves!