Fireandshadows

[Sensitive] Just want to get this off my chest

Fireandshadows

As the title says, I just want to get this off my chest and into writing somewhere I don't know anyone personally in real life.

I took an overdose last night. It wasn't planned, it wasn't necessarily to die, I just couldn't stop myself because I was so far gone into a panic attack. I've come home from university for a few days to recover, my dad came and got me from the hospital. It still hasn't hit me, I'm still off the planet, I don't really know what's going on. But yeah, just wanted to get it out there.

Ben

Well that's a very brave and honest post. I respect that. We are all here, so don't be shy, if there are more things you need to talk through. There will be no judgement so let it all out, but only if you want to. 

Willow

I'm so sorry this happened :( I hope that you are okay, physically I mean? And that there will be no lasting effects.

Hopefully the time from university will be a good thing, and hopefully you can try to understand why this all happened. Is it university that has put this kind of stress on you, which led to this? If so, maybe there's a way you can take some time out? Or even look at doing a degree from home via the Open Uni or something?

Fireandshadows
Well that's a very brave and honest post. I respect that. We are all here, so don't be shy, if there are more things you need to talk through. There will be no judgement so let it all out, but only if you want to. 

Thanks for being supportive. At this point, I have no idea what to feel about it all. I think I'm still affected by what I took, so I can't really think straight. I think I'll probably write about it more tomorrow, just to get it out of my head, if you know what I mean

I'm so sorry this happened :( I hope that you are okay, physically I mean? And that there will be no lasting effects.

Hopefully the time from university will be a good thing, and hopefully you can try to understand why this all happened. Is it university that has put this kind of stress on you, which led to this? If so, maybe there's a way you can take some time out? Or even look at doing a degree from home via the Open Uni or something?

Thanks Willow. Yeah, I'm fine physically, there weren't any complications (that I know of at least, I don't remember a lot of it). Yeah, I'm hoping some time home with the family will help settle me back down. I just got back from a 10 day field course as part of my degree which was highly stressful, so that may well have contributed. If I need to take time out, I'm sure it can be arranged. I'm hoping to be able to carry on, but I don't know if I can at the moment

Ben
Thanks for being supportive. At this point, I have no idea what to feel about it all. I think I'm still affected by what I took, so I can't really think straight. I think I'll probably write about it more tomorrow, just to get it out of my head, if you know what I mean

Totally understand that. You do whatever you have to do. Put a funny movie on, meet up with Ben and Jerry, and really take it easy for a few days. We are all here if you need us. Try and get some quality sleep as well. 

Nesf

I know from personal experience that it helps a lot to discuss problems with people who understand. everyone here will give their full support if you want to discuss something.

Sofi

I hope you feel a bit better soon. I'm so sorry you've felt this way recently. I can definitely empathise, I've been in similar situations. Support at this sort of time is so important - everyone on the forum will be here for you  :) Take it really easy.

I hope you can sort something out in regards to your University.

Bruce

Probably best to get some rest, for now - hope you're better soon!

Fireandshadows

Hey guys, thanks for all of your kind words and support, I really appreciate being able to talk about this.

I managed to get to sleep in the end last night and I think the effects of the tablets have pretty much warn off now, which is great. I'm just keeping myself surrounded by people at the moment, I don't really want to be on my own, which is why I'm so, so glad I'm back home. I still have no idea how to process this at all. I'm switching between feeling completely dissociated (which is terrifying, because that was what lead up to the OD), being really tearful and upset and just acting normal as if nothing happened. It's all really confusing right now. But as you guys have suggested, I'm just going to try to take things really easy and rest up.

Bruce

Yeah, that'd be best, for now! Best wishes with recovering.