Fireandshadows

[Sensitive] Just want to get this off my chest

spiderwoman0_2

Hope you're feeling better soon, maybe things were building up slowly and you didn't realise and then the field trip is what tipped you over the edge and you had a big panic attack.  Do Uni know about the AS?  If they don't know then maybe you could explain things to them so that they can help you out.

mary

I'm sorry you have felt so down... I really hope that things start to pick up for you soon. 

I think there have been some good suggestions here with regard to University and I hope that they can help you at Uni so that you can continue your studies.

I think you've been really brave posting this, but maybe that's part of the recovery process for you... you've admitted to yourself and to others what has brought you to this point and now you can move forward.  I really hope that you can sort your Uni stuff out and continue with that, but if you can't, or feel that you don't want to, don't feel bad about it.  You need to be able to make choices in life, and not beat yourself up about it.

Always remember that there will be people on here who'll look out for you and feel free to ask for support, people are very caring here as lots of people already know!

iggy

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better, and I hope your family are being supportive of you and will continue to be so in the coming weeks/months.

Fireandshadows
Hope you're feeling better soon, maybe things were building up slowly and you didn't realise and then the field trip is what tipped you over the edge and you had a big panic attack.  Do Uni know about the AS?  If they don't know then maybe you could explain things to them so that they can help you out.

Yeah, thinking about it, I would say that the field trip definitely pushed me over the edge, it was too much. Yup, the uni know about my AS and are providing great support.

I got back to uni last night with my mum (and was ill all night) and to be totally honest, I'm scared. I'm scared of losing control again. I'll be meeting with a bunch of people this week though and hopefully we'll come up with some good strategies to keep me safe.

Thanks for all of your support again, guys, I really appreciate it!

Sofi
Yeah, thinking about it, I would say that the field trip definitely pushed me over the edge, it was too much. Yup, the uni know about my AS and are providing great support.

I got back to uni last night with my mum (and was ill all night) and to be totally honest, I'm scared. I'm scared of losing control again. I'll be meeting with a bunch of people this week though and hopefully we'll come up with some good strategies to keep me safe.

Thanks for all of your support again, guys, I really appreciate it!

I'm so glad to hear the Uni will be able to support you. I hope these people will be able to come up with strategies for you, to help you cope with Uni better. Do you live at the Uni? 

You can always come back on here any time to talk about anything, you did the right thing in posting here. 

Bruce

I think any strategies would have to rely on you knowing when you heading for such a 'breakdown'....

Willow

I'm glad your Uni are aware and are being helpful. Hopefully things can get back to normal, and you can feel comfortable again instead of scared. You need to make sure that you tell someone if you think there's even a slight chance that you might end up having another meltdown, just so people can be aware and check on you.