blacktiger911

gay marriage leagal!

Asgardian

Oh please, they original poster didn't mean it, it's wrong, surely it should be fixed at some point when it is worth a moderator's time and effort, regardless of how clearly one person can see the point, it's not asking much. On this forum, many, being on the specturm, are likely to lash out over things like this, even if they don't admint it (publically).

When will it be worth a moderator's time and effort? No one has commented on this thread that they didn't understand the thread due to the title, so I cannot see how this is a big deal.

I find it ironic that you criticised the spelling in the title of the thread, yet in this post you have made three spelling mistakes. I wouldn't normally point things like that out, but seeing as you criticised another member for their spelling I find it a bit rich when you then make spelling mistakes yourself.

LGBT rights are not spelled out in the constitution. There was no right to marry someone of the same sex until recently, with a law change, only the right to marry someone of the opposite sex. Homosexuality was immoral at the time, especially among men.

I assume you mean homosexuality was considered immoral at the time, because it was not immoral then and it is not immoral now.

Myrtonos

When will it be worth a moderator's time and effort? No one has commented on this thread that they didn't understand the thread due to the title, so I cannot see how this is a big deal.

It's not much time and effort, it won't be an ongoing effort, they could fix it when they have nothing else to do anyway. As I said, some may lash out over the thread title even if they don't comment, so please. You know that this wanting typos fixed is surely something you would expect from at least some members on this forum, given the autistic tendency to pay attention to details. So please stop telling me something I want fixed is unimportant. How do you know if the OP would appreciate it being fixed, they might not have commented, but still. Does it really make sense for a mistake that someone made when starting the thread to affect how it reads long after it was started, that would seem a bit absurd.

I find it ironic that you criticised the spelling in the title of the thread, yet in this post you have made three spelling mistakes. I wouldn't normally point things like that out, but seeing as you criticised another member for their spelling I find it a bit rich when you then make spelling mistakes yourself.

I didn't notice them, but if I did, I would have edited the posts and fixed them, one can't do that with thread titles, I have witnessed a case of a thread title being fixed, on another forum. And if I can't, I would indeed appreciate a moderator fixing them for me.

I find it a bit ironic that someone who is presumably on the spectrum would tell me to just accept a mistake that should be easy to fix in little time. Because paying attention to details like this and needing certain standards to be met.

I assume you mean homosexuality was considered immoral at the time, because it was not immoral then and it is not immoral now.

Today, homosexuality is accepted, back then it wasn't.

Myrtonos

Redefining marriage in law as between two people (no gender attached) has lead to marriage licence forms being changed to Party A and Party B, before they read bride and groom, or husband and wife.