Dr-David-Banner

Talking To Girls

Dr-David-Banner

These days I do quite a lot of talking to girls. For example, there is one woman I met who runs a shop. She's from a Baltic State where I spent time myself as a teacher years ago. So, I started to talk to her a bit. She's fairly attractive and mature and, so far, we talked about European alcohol, chocolate and routine stuff. Just general chat. Unfortunately the disadvantage I have is I never know if the woman is just making polite conversation so I try not to stay talking for too long.

Lately I talk to lots of women as I'm not shy. This is because I think I got to a point I sort of gave up on the whole thing so, when you give up, you've no need to feel shy. Might as well just chat and pass the time of day.

My modus philosophy I think is if I focus on making really cool music, then that's a proven way to attract the opposite sex. Also being in music excuses being weird because musicians are weird anyway.

• Helpful 1

brokenOne

Yea im the say way too. I just kinda gave up. Now i focus on my physical training as it is the only sense of relief i have left in this shit hole of a world and it puts me at peace. Seems i always attract the wrong kinds though.

Whoknows

Well, ask her if she's just making a polite conversation. :rolleyes:

Dr-David-Banner

Realistically and brutally speaking, I have nothing to offer. I think I just accepted that stark fact some months ago. I figure most women eventually want to have a partner who's stable and able to hold down a decent job, make friends and buy a home. It's understandable, of course. It's not that I feel sorry for myself but it took me some years to figure out I never seem to be able to hold down a job (I'm too slow and awkward). In fact, it amazes me so many aspies can actually hold down a job. In my case, self employment is my only outlet so I'm aware I have to work hard at that.

So, the weird part if I talk to girls a lot as there is no pressure. Music also fits quite well. A lot of musicians were on the fringes of society.

One thing I'm hopeless at is knowing if a female actually likes me. There is a chance that one does - she manages a shop and we joke  a lot. However, if I'm told a girl likes me that way I have a hard time believing it.

Having said all that, I prefer female company and I enjoy talking to girls in general. There is one who's just a friend but she's really cute and I admire her because she works so hard.

Harrow

I've never really had problems talking to girls, unless I had a crush on them, then I'm just awkward. 

But the only advice I can give is, girls aren't suppose to make the move guys are. If you like someone tell them, they might feel the same way and not know how to tell you. And if they don't like you just laugh it off at least you have closure. 

Paul
9 hours ago, Harrow said:

girls aren't suppose to make the move guys are

Why is that?

Harrow
5 hours ago, Paul said:

Why is that?

It's just the way dating works. Rules of dating and all that

Dr-David-Banner

Rather than start a new thread, I'll use this one to update.
It started as a bit of a giggle. There is a hippy New Age type girl who turned up. Well, she's been getting lots of attention as during the heatwave she's been painting in skimpy clothes. She's about 6 foot, lean and sun-tanned. Anyway, a few days ago she called me over to help remove some rusted bolts. She'd got her hammers and spanners and so forth. Well, I got kind of flustered as we were stood close together and she's got a real beach body and curves and so forth.
As I have a sense of humour I later joked about the situation to people I know. That is, that my temperature had soared and that it's nice to have eye-candy on the scene. Well, someone told her what I'd said. She got a few jokes directed so I figured she'd discourage me. Instead it seems to have had the opposite effect. She asks me to run small errands and chats openly. Today she told me she thought I was "sweet and gentle". Then someone told me later she'd been saying she liked me. Whether that means just in the way of pleasant, I don't know. This girl gets pretty much pestered by guys a lot due to her sex appeal. She gets lots of offers of help and it's thought she enjoys being noticed. I do have maybe one card to play and that's my Rock and pop music. She's probably heard me doing stuff like Spirit in The Sky or playing piano. Who knows the old Je Suis Un Rock Star routine may fizz up my image.

Dr-David-Banner

"Said she came from Rio
Lived on a mountain
I met her in Trafalgar
She was sitting in the fountain

She took off her hat
And she had lovely hair
Said she smoked marijuana
At the Coco Cabana there

South American lady
You've got that crazy beat
Brazilian beauty