LizW95

Does anyone have any ideas as to what this sounds like...?

Nesf
Get your mum to make an appointment for a weeks time or so and then prepare yourself, once you've done it you'll feel so much better and will have faced and conquered a fear and found out if anything is wrong or not.

I agree with this - if you're worried that there is something wrong you really should get it checked out, it'll put your mind at rest. Preparing yourself for it is a good idea, perhaps the doctor could make a home visit given the circumstances?

Alex
After weeks/ months of feeling tired all the time and then in the last two weeks, needing to go to for a wee what feels like all the time, I asked my mum to ring the doctors and see what they say. 

They asked for urine test so we sent it in and it came back showing no signs of what we think it is and that is Diabetes but I have to go for a blood test next week just to double check. 

I have been feeling tired and run down plus no energy since January now. I had a late night on Tuesday and it completely knocked me for six but it didn't use to effect me like this, yeah I would feel tired but not as tired as what I did. 

So, here are the symptoms. I have also stupidly been looking on google and kinda scaring myself. 

Tiredness 

No energy 

Needing to go for a wee all the time 

Dry skin 

Unusual weight loss

It is starting to worry me now. Also my legs have started aching now, I noticed that they have been aching whilst being at work and I wear steel toe capped boots but from yesterday they have carried on aching. 

Any ideas? Does it sound like Diabetes?   

I am not sure about the dry skin thing, but tiredness, no energy, and unusual weight loss makes me think that it could be signs of depression. And also I have heard that having to wee a lot can be a sign of stress. Just a thought though.

LizW95
I am not sure about the dry skin thing, but tiredness, no energy, and unusual weight loss makes me think that it could be signs of depression. And also I have heard that having to wee a lot can be a sign of stress. Just a thought though.

The nurse did say that it could be that but when I was bad with anxiety/depression five year ago, I can't remember being this bad or having any of these symptoms. 

Nesf
The nurse did say that it could be that but when I was bad with anxiety/depression five year ago, I can't remember being this bad or having any of these symptoms. 

I had depression, it's better now, and those were the symptoms, but I didn't need to wee all the time or have dry skin. Things like coffee can have that effect.

Sofi
Get your mum to make an appointment for a weeks time or so and then prepare yourself, once you've done it you'll feel so much better and will have faced and conquered a fear and found out if anything is wrong or not.

I agree with this - if you're worried that there is something wrong you really should get it checked out, it'll put your mind at rest. Preparing yourself for it is a good idea, perhaps the doctor could make a home visit given the circumstances?

Yes - maybe I will, thank you. Although, I am not all that worried about it but I feel there must be a reason for me being so sensitive to the cold as it is really bad most of the time!

I have always had to pee so often, sometimes it is every 10 minutes or something. I go through phases of it being worse than other times. I worry when I go out, that there will be a toilet because I know, I'll most likely need. It's annoying but it just seems to be something about me.

Toran

The best thing is try not to worry its difficult I know but wait and see what the doctor says. Have you been eating ok has your apatite changed at all. Somebody I knew had similar symptoms and turned out to be a thyroid gland but its not worth trying to self diagnose it could equally be depression thats made worse by worrying. Try to relax as best you can and wait for the doctors tests its the hard thing to do but worrying about what it may be will make you feel even worse.

Nesf
Yes - maybe I will, thank you. Although, I am not all that worried about it but I feel there must be a reason for me being so sensitive to the cold as it is really bad most of the time!

I'm sensitive to the cold too, but i think it's probably a sensory procassing thing, I don't think it means that I'm sick... I've always been like this. I son't think it's anything to worry about, but you could mention it to the doctor.

Mike_GX101
After weeks/ months of feeling tired all the time and then in the last two weeks, needing to go to for a wee what feels like all the time, I asked my mum to ring the doctors and see what they say. 

They asked for urine test so we sent it in and it came back showing no signs of what we think it is and that is Diabetes but I have to go for a blood test next week just to double check. 

I have been feeling tired and run down plus no energy since January now. I had a late night on Tuesday and it completely knocked me for six but it didn't use to effect me like this, yeah I would feel tired but not as tired as what I did. 

So, here are the symptoms. I have also stupidly been looking on google and kinda scaring myself. 

Tiredness 

No energy 

Needing to go for a wee all the time 

Dry skin 

Unusual weight loss

It is starting to worry me now. Also my legs have started aching now, I noticed that they have been aching whilst being at work and I wear steel toe capped boots but from yesterday they have carried on aching. 

Any ideas? Does it sound like Diabetes?   

First of all get it checked with the doctor - first and for most!

Have you considered whether it could be hormonal though and the bladder thing could just be you're drinking more in a bid to compensate - or maybe you're drinking more coffee/tea (i.e. caffeine which is a diuretic) to keep you awake?

Edited by Mike_GX101

Toran
First of all get it checked with the doctor - first and for most!

Have you considered whether it could be hormonal though and the bladder thing could just be you're drinking more in a bid to compensate - or maybe you're drinking more coffee/tea (i.e. caffeine which is a diuretic) to keep you awake?

Thats a good point tea and coffee could make that worse and if I feel unwell I tend to eat or drink comfort eating I guess have you noticed this?

LizW95

I rarely drink coffee and I have one cup of tea a day. The only drink I drink is water or sometimes elderflower, orange juice, milk.