LizW95

Does anyone have any ideas as to what this sounds like...?

Bruce

As everybody says, best get tests done & find out, anyway! Best wishes with all that.

Toran
I rarely drink coffee and I have one cup of tea a day. The only drink I drink is water or sometimes elderflower, orange juice, milk.

The best thing to do is wait for the doctor to advise you you could keep a measure of how much liquid you take that may give the doctor a bit more detail to go on when you have your apointment.

HalfFull

Hi Liz

It is never ever stupid to google symptoms if you have felt extremely weary for months etc;. I've been in a; similarish predicament the last few months myself. I was tested at the GP and everything was fine but then the other week I almost collapsed, rung for an ambulance and woke up in hospital 2 days later and spent a further 3 days there and am now recovering. In my case its not diabetes and just too much water and energy drinks. OK so I'm twice your age, but the point I'm trying to make is that you should always err on the side of caution as I would not like to see anyone else go through what I did.

Look after yourself

Halffull

Nesf
Hi Liz

It is never ever stupid to google symptoms if you have felt extremely weary for months etc;. I've been in a; similarish predicament the last few months myself. I was tested at the GP and everything was fine but then the other week I almost collapsed, rung for an ambulance and woke up in hospital 2 days later and spent a further 3 days there and am now recovering. In my case its not diabetes and just too much water and energy drinks. OK so I'm twice your age, but the point I'm trying to make is that you should always err on the side of caution as I would not like to see anyone else go through what I did.

Look after yourself

Halffull

That must have been an awful thing to go through - I didn't know energy drinks could make you ill! Hope you're okay now.

HalfFull
That must have been an awful thing to go through - I didn't know energy drinks could make you ill! Hope you're okay now.

Thanks Nesf. It was awful. I couldn't remember getting there apart from entering the ambulance and was very confused. What made it more confusing is that I was being told it was the 40th birthday of my cousin who is just 6 weeks older than me and I never knew it was that late in April, although thats only because I hadn't thought about the date before I went in so totally lost track. I gradually realised it wasn't all some big dream. Each day since getting out I've got about 10% better and I'm confident that I'll be ready for work on 15th May, though it might be shorter hours at first.

Toran

I had no idea that those drinks could cause that you would have thought there would have been warnings on how much you can drink. They should have known the effect their drink has on people if they drink too much its quite alarming really.

Willow

I've had similar issues in the past, but I've always had dry skin so I didn't consider it a symptom at the time. But anyway, they did all kinds of blood tests (only time I managed to have a blood test) and other samples etc and found nothing. I was relieved and disappointed because of course, I was still having the problems, and I still do to an extent. I had to really try hard to change my routine and eating habits etc so that I started to feel better. I think stress causes me to feel a lot worse.

Nesf
I've had similar issues in the past, but I've always had dry skin so I didn't consider it a symptom at the time. But anyway, they did all kinds of blood tests (only time I managed to have a blood test) and other samples etc and found nothing. I was relieved and disappointed because of course, I was still having the problems, and I still do to an extent. I had to really try hard to change my routine and eating habits etc so that I started to feel better. I think stress causes me to feel a lot worse.

Yes, stress can make any symptoms worse and weaken the immune system. I went through a period of feeling tired and low in energy, as well as getting horrible cramps in my legs and feet, so I took some vitamin supplements and try to eat non-meat things containing iron and now I feel better.

LizW95

Energy drinks are one of the worst things to have as they are full of extremely nasty chemicals; its's the same as coca cola, its got a chemical in it called aspartame, I have just been told that it was originally made to kill ants. It can cause so many problems in humans.

Here are the side effects. I bet none of you new any of this...be prepared....there are loads (Don't mean to offend anyone by saying that) 

Eye
blindness in one or both eyes
decreased vision and/or other eye problems such as: blurring, bright flashes, squiggly lines, tunnel vision, decreased night vision
pain in one or both eyes
decreased tears
trouble with contact lenses
bulging eyes

Ear
tinnitus - ringing or buzzing sound
severe intolerance of noise
marked hearing impairment

Neurologic
epileptic seizures
headaches, migraines and (some severe)
dizziness, unsteadiness, both
confusion, memory loss, both
severe drowsiness and sleepiness
paresthesia or numbness of the limbs
severe slurring of speech
severe hyperactivity and restless legs
atypical facial pain
severe tremors

Psychological/Psychiatric
severe depression
irritability
aggression
anxiety
personality changes
insomnia
phobias

Chest
palpitations, tachycardia
shortness of breath
recent high blood pressure

Gastrointestinal
nausea
diarrhea, sometimes with blood in stools
abdominal pain
pain when swallowing

Skin and Allergies
itching without a rash
lip and mouth reactions
hives
aggravated respiratory allergies such as asthma

Endocrine and Metabolic
loss of control of diabetes
menstrual changes
marked thinning or loss of hair
marked weight loss
gradual weight gain
aggravated low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
severe PMS

Other
frequency of voiding and burning during urination
excessive thirst, fluid retention, leg swelling, and bloating
increased susceptibility to infection

Additional Symptoms of Aspartame Toxicity include the most critical symptoms of all
death
irreversible brain damage
birth defects, including mental retardation
peptic ulcers
aspartame addiction and increased craving for sweets
hyperactivity in children
severe depression
aggressive behavior
suicidal tendencies

Aspartame may trigger, mimic, or cause the following illnesses:
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Epstein-Barr
Post-Polio Syndrome
Lyme Disease
Grave’s Disease
Meniere’s Disease
Alzheimer’s Disease
ALS
Epilepsy
Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
EMS
Hypothyroidism
Mercury sensitivity from Amalgam fillings
Fibromyalgia
Lupus
non-Hodgkins
Lymphoma
Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)

Nesf

^It's a wonder they're allowed to sell that stuff.