LizW95

Does anyone have any ideas as to what this sounds like...?

LizW95
^It's a wonder they're allowed to sell that stuff.

Sure is!

Megsmum

Aspartame is in so many things, lots of fizzy drinks, especially diet ones. We dont have 'diet' or 'low sugar' things and only have fizzy drinks occasionally. Most foods that are diet or low calorie are just full of nasty chemical addititives. I prefer to have a regular or full fat version of something or just make it myself. Its a good job I enjoy cooking and baking!

Toran

Therw are so many things that we arnt told it just shows what a waste of time food standards are. If it was worth anything why is it allowed to be sold doing so much damage and harm to people. Its no wonder there are more people becoming more disheartened with the whole system I didnt know half of those things on the list.

Nesf

I don't generally drink fizzy drinks, but that's put me off them for life!!

HalfFull

Liz, Thanks for that long list. Its worth looking out for those things.

Nesf, I took Vitamin C tablets daily for 18 years until I went in a fortnight ago but also Eye-Q and Kalms (and in most Echinacicea capsules). Since then I've taken none of them, although was wanting to cut back. Hopefully if theres any bright side to this I hope I'll be a very fit and active man in his 40s.

Liz, sorry for invading your topic. I do hope that you can find a solution and its very positive that you are being open and honest about this and seeking advice.

Nesf
Liz, Thanks for that long list. Its worth looking out for those things.

Nesf, I took Vitamin C tablets daily for 18 years until I went in a fortnight ago but also Eye-Q and Kalms (and in most Echinacicea capsules). Since then I've taken none of them, although was wanting to cut back. Hopefully if theres any bright side to this I hope I'll be a very fit and active man in his 40s.

Liz, sorry for invading your topic. I do hope that you can find a solution and its very positive that you are being open and honest about this and seeking advice.

I don't think it's a good idea to overdo vitamin supplements, I only take them temprarily when I feel run down and when I have problems such as cramps and I know I need more magnesium in my diet. Nothing beats a balanced diet.

Toran
I don't think it's a good idea to overdo vitamin supplements, I only take them temprarily when I feel run down and when I have problems such as cramps and I know I need more magnesium in my diet. Nothing beats a balanced diet.

Yes its best to eat a balanced diet but when you try eating healthy and buying good food your food bill goes up dramatically. Its not cheap to eat healthy these days thats probably why so many people cant affort to do it.

Nesf
Yes its best to eat a balanced diet but when you try eating healthy and buying good food your food bill goes up dramatically. Its not cheap to eat healthy these days thats probably why so many people cant affort to do it.

Not necessarily. Fresh fruit and vegetables aren't so expensive if you shop from your local market, you don't need to eat meat every day, you can replace it with things like beans and pulses which aren't too expensive, This probably means cooking as ready-made meals are more expensive and less healthy for you. I live on a very low income at the moment as I don't have a steady job.

Willow

With regards to the fizzy drinks - I just feel like there are so many things that we suddenly shouldn't be eating/drinking because it wil do x, y and z to you at some point. If we listened to everything there'd be nothing left to consume :(

LizW95

I went to see the doctor...well, nurse yesterday and had a finger prick test (God damn it they hurt!) the results came back borderline diabetes so am having to go back for some more tests in the next two weeks and hopefully then I shall have the answer.