StormCrow

Single or Not, I have no clue

Jeff
Agreed.

Just don't ask too often about video chat. If she says no another time, then sort of just say that when she feels comfortable with the idea, to let you know - so that you're not pressuring her. :D

I can't see how it would come across as needy. Though maybe make sure she doesn't feel pressured or intimidated. Maybe say something about.. if not now, maybe in the future sometime.. but I think that you should say something about why you asked, because she deserves to know that you find her interesting. And how you said it there seems fairly polite. But be careful of scaring her away. I think if she said no about Skype, she might be nervous still, maybe has never used Skype or other video chat before, and so more getting to know each other and making her feel safe and comfortable is ideal. Though also let her know that Skype has voice chat if she feels uncomfortable using both video and audio at first.. And then once she and you can talk for a bit and have warmed up to that.. because it can be quite intimidating at first.. then suggest video again. Just try and reassure her that you don't want to do anything that would make her feel uncomfortable but you would like to get to know her better. I wish you luck. Take it slow and steady, I think you'll be okay.
well I brought up the Skype thing and she said she doesn't feel comfortable with it so I guess I just need to keep commenting on her page asking her about "how was her weekend" or any issues that come up for me and see if she can relate to the same issues, just trying to be friendly I guess ...I did say "if you are open to it, if not that's cool." So I hope I came across an not pressuring ...I have to admit since I myself am a little on the shy side it was a little bit of a bold move for me...but then again you don't get anywhere with out making bold moves.

Willow
well I brought up the Skype thing and she said she doesn't feel comfortable with it so I guess I just need to keep commenting on her page asking her about "how was her weekend" or any issues that come up for me and see if she can relate to the same issues, just trying to be friendly I guess ...I did say "if you are open to it, if not that's cool." So I hope I came across an not pressuring ...I have to admit since I myself am a little on the shy side it was a little bit of a bold move for me...but then again you don't get anywhere with out making bold moves.

That's the best you can do without freaking her out :P I hope it works out but sometimes you just have to take it slow. Chris 'pursued' me for 5 years and it worked out for him in the end!

Jeff
That's the best you can do without freaking her out :P I hope it works out but sometimes you just have to take it slow. Chris 'pursued' me for 5 years and it worked out for him in the end!
yea I ment life in general, if you aren't willing to take a chance on something then nothing will ever happen as I have learned life is all about taking risks.

Heather

Agreed.  I think now you just have to be patient and understanding and take things slow and I hope things work out for you eventually! :)  It didn't take my boyfriend quite 5 years, but more like a little under 1 year before we officially started our relationship... and it was also my boyfriend who confessed to liking and then loving me before I really realized and confessed back.  It's confusing.. it was basically because it was my first relationship and I didn't really understand, plus with the factor of long distance, I didn't know if it could actually turn into something more than an online friendship.  But it did, after some time. :D

yea I ment life in general, if you aren't willing to take a chance on something then nothing will ever happen as I have learned life is all about taking risks.

I think you are right with this too.. we can't know the answer to something until we try.  You won't know what will happen if you pursue this girl until you try.  Just keep talking to her or commenting on her photos in a friendly way and show your interest in her, but just don't rush her too fast.  If you are just commenting on her pictures now, maybe try introducing chatting?  If you ever see her online, say hi to her, if you don't already?  I know that's how my boyfriend and I started.. he was, and still is, one of the few people I chat with on facebook chat, and really the only one I chat to on a regular basis.  I think you're doing okay, but just leave the skype for now and focus on what you've been doing with building the relationship, being friendly but not too strong that you'll scare her off.  Good luck. :)

Jeff

Well I feel like I'm at the point whare I'm trying to build some rapport and have found one or two commonalities so I guess I could play off of that, but how do I go about whare I came from and to how I got to whare I am today?

Heather
Well I feel like I'm at the point whare I'm trying to build some rapport and have found one or two commonalities so I guess I could play off of that, but how do I go about whare I came from and to how I got to whare I am today?

Yeah I think a great way to talk to someone and form any kind of relationship is to share interests and things you have in common.  I know it excites me to see other people with things in common.. the more the better!  And then even if there's not everything in common, after you build the initial trust and friendship, you start sharing other interests and can talk about them and go from there. 

I'm not sure what you mean about the second part "how do i go about where I came from and to how I got to where I am today?" It sounds a bit like a philosophical question and I'm not sure I'm good at those.. I'm not really sure what you are asking though.  It's probably silly but I can't wrap my head around what the words mean. 

Andy

I wonder how much we are subjected to societal expectation ?

Are you happy in yourself as you are or do you just need someone else ?

The societal model do you comply or do you not ?