Sign in to follow this  
Kuribo [old account]

DWP Sanctions Have Killed Thousands of People

Pinky and his brain
13 hours ago, lifeis said:

When are politicians going to start seeing us as people and not just numbers or statistics they can tout at election.

When pigs learn to fly..:(

Political power is a drug, and politicians are addicted to that drug. They only care about how to get more. That's why the whole world is going down the drain.

At the moment everything is stuck, economy is broken, society is broken, world wide political system is broken. It's getting clearer every day, that the elite is planning a new massive war. And why would they want a war ? Because in the darkness of war, they can swipe all their past bad behaviour under the carpet, and after the war, they can come back to a fresh start. They will start a war, and then the elite will move in exile while the war is going on, and then return to pick up their leader positions when it's safe. That's how politicians always behave, when the sh*t really hits the fan. The people are expendable, we are only here to pay for the lifestyle of the elite.

Yes, I'm very cynical. But this world makes my cynical. :(

lifeis
7 hours ago, Pinky and his brain said:

When pigs learn to fly..:(

Political power is a drug, and politicians are addicted to that drug. They only care about how to get more. That's why the whole world is going down the drain.

At the moment everything is stuck, economy is broken, society is broken, world wide political system is broken. It's getting clearer every day, that the elite is planning a new massive war. And why would they want a war ? Because in the darkness of war, they can swipe all their past bad behaviour under the carpet, and after the war, they can come back to a fresh start. They will start a war, and then the elite will move in exile while the war is going on, and then return to pick up their leader positions when it's safe. That's how politicians always behave, when the sh*t really hits the fan. The people are expendable, we are only here to pay for the lifestyle of the elite.

Yes, I'm very cynical. But this world makes my cynical. :(

I've actually thought similar things to you before. Their loving the instability around the world as it distracts people from what their doing and because they can make a huge amount of money from these wars from things like arms sales. I wouldn't be surprised if the main "super powers" around the world are orchestrating alot of what's going on.

StarlessEclipse

PETITION: Justice for Jodey Whiting - Independent inquiry into deaths linked to the DWP

We believe the death of Jodey Whiting in February 2017 was the latest avoidable tragedy to be caused by the failings of the Department for Work and Pensions. She took her life 15 days after her disability benefits were stopped for missing a Work Capability Assessment when she was seriously ill.

This petition calls for: 

1. An independent inquiry to investigate DWP failings in relation to these deaths, including whether there has been misconduct by civil servants or Ministers.
  2. Any evidence of misconduct contributing to serious harm or deaths to be turned over to the police.
  3. Recognition that DWP is institutionally disablist and not fit for purpose.
  4. DWP to urgently change its policies and administration of social security benefits to make the safety of all claimants a priority.

Peridot

It's that way over here (in Holland) as well. People with benefits get threatened, mocked, misled, abused, humiliated and violated all the time.

There was good news yesterday though. A new political party has now become the biggest in my country's "senate". I've voted for them yesterday as well. They are decent people who wish to preserve the European way of life and stop the constant influx of illegal migrants from third world countries. They aim to make Holland a safe place to be again for the Dutch people which it has become less and less due to the migrants.

Last Monday a Turkish muslim killed three people in a tram for instance. These radical muslims are running loose in the streets. You also can't really go to the movies or a restaurant or a café at night in the weekends anymore or to the grocery store during the day even without risking running into rapists. So we've voted for this new party and it's a good thing. They also show compassion for people who are unable to work and want there to be a "safety net" for them. They say they see that as part of civilization. So this is a good thing. Let's hope this will be a trend in Europe as a whole.

Edited by Peridot

Dr-David-Banner
On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 6:12 PM, Peridot said:

It's that way over here (in Holland) as well. People with benefits get threatened, mocked, misled, abused, humiliated and violated all the time.

There was good news yesterday though. A new political party has now become the biggest in my country's "senate". I've voted for them yesterday as well. They are decent people who wish to preserve the European way of life and stop the constant influx of illegal migrants from third world countries. They aim to make Holland a safe place to be again for the Dutch people which it has become less and less due to the migrants.

Last Monday a Turkish muslim killed three people in a tram for instance. These radical muslims are running loose in the streets. You also can't really go to the movies or a restaurant or a café at night in the weekends anymore or to the grocery store during the day even without risking running into rapists. So we've voted for this new party and it's a good thing. They also show compassion for people who are unable to work and want there to be a "safety net" for them. They say they see that as part of civilization. So this is a good thing. Let's hope this will be a trend in Europe as a whole.

I've been reading quite a bit about Perestroika. It's interesting because Michael Gorbachev believed he could reform communism via concepts such as "glasnost", "perestroika". Prior to Gorbachev the communist system offered full employment (at very poor wages), free medical care, free housing, free phone and electric and so on. The problem was private property wasn't allowed and the State owned the national economy. An even bigger problem was people were not motivated to work as they had no personal incentives and that gave rise to the black market, alcohol abuse, corruption. Also society wasn't very free and travel was restricted. As the reforms started to liberalise society, momentum for more reform escalated and, as we know, it ended with the collapse of the Communist Party and retirement of Gorbachev.

It could have turned out differently, however. Communism could theoretically have transformed into a just and equal society with full democratic values. Instead, capitalist influences burst into Russia, Ukraine, Poland, Romania and, if you ask me, today none of this is really working out. The E.U. has a lot of problems that probably won't get solved because the leadership is divided and made up of career politicians who are in it for the money. The Brexit situation seems to be on-going. Russia is amongst one of the leading capitalist countries squabbling over oil, territory, nationalist issues with a possible new arms race gaining ground.

Perspectives compared with the start of the 1990s seem pretty grim. We appear to be being led by dubiously qualified careerists who only seem to be able to think in terms of economic statistics and global economics.

StarlessEclipse

DWP document refers to benefit claimant as 'lying bitch'

The Department for Work and Pensions has been criticised after one of its officials apparently submitted papers to a benefits appeal tribunal in which they called a disabled claimant a “lying bitch”.

The submission, formally rejecting an appeal by a disabled woman against the removal or downgrading of her personal independence payment (PIP) award, was made public by her outraged advice worker.

Dr-David-Banner

This situation has gotten so bad it makes Stalin look better. I mean in the Stalin era there was a class war with the working classes made to be entitled to work, housing and Party membership. All this was a reaction to centuries of peasantry and feudalism. It was even kind of dangerous not to be working class under Stalin. People demonised Stalinism but really it was a revolution with two world wars thrown into the background. Of course, I think communism was flawed but it was a very radical reaction to a radical problem. The scary reality is without radicals like Stalin, there is seemingly a return to the bad old days of Dickens and chimney sweeps. It seems modern liberal parties are incapable of fighting for labour rights and the welfare state. Gorvachev I guess proved that point. His problem was he was trying to reform a system built by revolutionaries and class war. Ideals were fine but it ended with no communist party and a massive swing to capitalism as it stood decades ago in the Victorian era. Possibly if communism had been successfully reformed life in Europe would now be more moderated with less greed and exploitation. People feared the communist party as there was fear of Cuban style upheaval elsewhere. We ought to have trade unions, a welfare state and far less unemployment but again it seems modern parties are too weak to be representative.

Ben
On 8/27/2015 at 4:25 PM, Ben said:

Years ago when I used to sign on, there was this one member of the JobCentre staff who everyone (even members of her own staff) called the Wicked Witch of the West. She an absolute COW. Rude, patronising, condescending, spoke to all of her clients as if they were naughty school children, and dished out sanctions as if they were going out of fashion. 

I was the one of only a few who stood up to her. After she had insulted me for my poor handwriting for the third time, I just stood up, threw my singing on book in her face, and told her to go and get fucked. The security guard on duty just stood rather nonchalantly against the wall, trying not to laugh. 

She was undoubtedly the most hated woman in town during the 00's. (And most likely still is.) 

Oh, yeah, I forgot I did this. 

Proud moment.