Tylermc

Did anybody have a school aid in school with them

Tylermc

I did they where great but I didn't have aid until I was 7yrs old anybody else

RiRi

I was thinking the same thing, Debz, that the topic had been already created. I think this is good. We could remind Tyler when he's already created other topics to help him, if he's forgetting.

Sorry about that

It's okay, Tyler, but I'm curious, did you just forget you had already made that topic?

Tylermc

I was thinking the same thing, Debz, that the topic had been already created. I think this is good. We could remind Tyler when he's already created other topics to help him, if he's forgetting.

It's okay, Tyler, but I'm curious, did you just forget you had already made that topic?

yes

Nesf

yes

Yes, I also noticed that there are often many threads created on exactly the same topic.

Tyler, it would be helpful if you could check to see if there is already a thread on the same topic first, and post in that one rather than create a new one. It's much more useful to have one general thread on a topic, rather than lots of separate threads. It's easier for other members to find and read the posts if they are all in the same place. Having lots of threads on one topic is confusing, overwhelming, and people don't know where to post. It makes the forum easier to use.

You can use the search feature to check for threads with the same title, or look at the tags.

I should note that Tyler isn't the only one to do this... other members do it too, it happens quite a lot.

RiRi

Yes, I also noticed that there are often many threads created on exactly the same topic.

Tyler, it would be helpful if you could check to see if there is already a thread on the same topic first, and post in that one rather than create a new one. It's much more useful to have one general thread on a topic, rather than lots of separate threads. It's easier for other members to find and read the posts if they are all in the same place. Having lots of threads on one topic is confusing, overwhelming, and people don't know where to post. It makes the forum easier to use.

You can use the search feature to check for threads with the same title, or look at the tags.

I should note that Tyler isn't the only one to do this... other members do it too, it happens quite a lot.

That sounds like a good idea, but I don't think that will really help. I've looked up threads before to see if there's already one made and yet I have created threads that were already made (e.g. threads that were similar in nature) because I couldn't find one already. I've mostly looked over the entire forum now, but back then, I hadn't. I think at least if the member can remember or try to see their content (as far as it lets them) to see which threads they have created it will be helpful to minimize the amount of same threads that are created.

RiRi

Nesf, I apologize for the way I expressed myself here. I'll explain myself a little further. I realize you were agreeing with me and then suggesting something else, but though I didn't do it intentionally, I know I have been one of those members who has created threads that have been created before. And I have used that method of searching for threads before posting, but it hasn't worked for me. In all, I just feel it was rude so for that I apologize.

Dingo

I've tried searching for threads that I knew existed but I couldn't find them.  Part of the reason I don't create many threads is that I'm sure there is already one or more about the same topic that I couldn't find for some reason.  So I usually don't bother making a new one.

RiRi

I've tried searching for threads that I knew existed but I couldn't find them.  Part of the reason I don't create many threads is that I'm sure there is already one or more about the same topic that I couldn't find for some reason.  So I usually don't bother making a new one.

I think that's the case for many users, they can't find threads that have already been created even though there could be threads that have already been made. I think threads are bound to be repeated in some way or another because there's so many of them and we think and phrase things in different ways. So there is less control on how likely someone is to repeat a thread that has already been created by another member. I've found some threads that were like mine after I had created my topic. That's why I was thinking that we have more control over things we ourselves have posted and created. We are likely to remember whether we have created a thread as such before, at least it if has been recent. 

In Tyler's case, he has created threads that are similar in nature within a two hour range. This would be an example: What are your favourite sensory items that relax youWhat are your faveorite sensory items too that you find very realaxing, It's kind of difficult to believe that he forgot that he had written that thread when they were posted within a two hour range, but I guess it can be possible. Tyler has said that he has a disability, but I wonder what that disability is. Does anyone know?

Edited by Anna