DragonWing

longing for hugs

DragonWing

I may have asked this when I used to use this forum but I'll ask again because if i did then it was more than a year ago.

Does anyone long for hugs and physical contact yet is repelled and incapable of it?

Edited by DragonWing

RiRi

I guess for me, it depends on how comfortable I am with the person. If I'm comfortable then a hug won't be so awkward. I long for hugs when I'm feeling really down and when I've had meltdowns or cried, but I'm okay with during that situation. Mostly, the people who I'm around with would be someone I'm comfortable hugging so I guess I wouldn't be repelled by it. However, if I wasn't crying and someone who I'm not comfortable hugging wanted to hug me, I'd feel weird and I'd probably feel repelled by it.

DragonWing

I'm always alone when upset.

I've longed for a friendly hug for nearly 30 years but if anyone tries i move away. From most people, especially family id find it horrible. If someone touches my arm i see dots or whiteness.

No problem hugging my children though.

My longing is almost obsessive

RiRi

If I'm alone when I've been upset, I wait around until someone can hug me. Although I cry again, it makes me feel better and helps with some closure to the situation at least for the time being. But if I can't then I guess it just eventually passes.

I don't think I've experienced something like that before. What do you mean it's almost obsessive? Have you tried hugging someone despite seeing the white dots, like going ahead anyway?

RiRi

A person that tries to hug you when you see the white dots, such as your family? I don't know what would happen if you do that though. I was just wondering if you had, but I guess that it could have been assumed, based on your post. Sorry, maybe someone else can be of better help since I've not experienced this before.

Auletes

Are you longing for the social aspect (being close to a person you like) or rather the physical aspect (pressure from a huge, warm object) ?

nichii

I wouldn't say I'm repelled by them, but I do dislike being hugged by most people. In America, it's normal for people to hug each other. Family members, friends, even people who aren't that close to you. I don't like that. Hugs don't hold any meaning if they're given to me by someone I don't deeply care about. If someone who I really care about hugs me, it can be one of the best feelings.

RiRi

Are you longing for the social aspect (being close to a person you like) or rather the physical aspect (pressure from a huge, warm object) ?

I think that's a good question. :)

DragonWing

Both.

I want touch, deep pressure.

I want someone to care