M A R K

10 reasons to embrace your Asperger's.

No Longer Here

Every one applies to me. But none of us are the same. It is a spectrum after all :)

Asgardian

Every one applies to me. But none of us are the same. It is a spectrum after all :)

Exactly. I think this is something people not on the spectrum often don't understand. I think a lot of people who are NT think that once you have met someone with autism, everyone else with autism must be the same way, rather than seeing that people with autism vary just like people without autism vary.

mysti

^ There was a quote about that that I liked on The Autistic Gardener (a UK TV programme) - "People with autism are like snowflakes, no two are the same" :)

Edited by mysti

Asgardian

^ There was a quote about that that I liked on The Autistic Gardener (a UK TV programme) - "People with autism are like snowflakes, no two are the same" :)

I watched that program, I also liked that quote. It is very true  :)

Asgardian

^Asmada, that is a really good attitude to have. There is nothing wrong with being different. You aren't weird, you are different, unique. Without people who are unique and different, this world would be a very boring place. Just keep being you, not who others want or expect you to be.

RiRi

^Asmada, that is a really good attitude to have. There is nothing wrong with being different. You aren't weird, you are different, unique. Without people who are unique and different, this world would be a very boring place. Just keep being you, not who others want or expect you to be.

That's definitely true, that this world would be a boring place without different people, but there are ways to becoming a better person and taking advise from people or observing how to become a better person, not necessarily being what others want you to be, just becoming a better version of yourself. That's how I look at things for myself.

Asgardian

That's definitely true, that this world would be a boring place without different people, but there are ways to becoming a better person and taking advise from people or observing how to become a better person, not necessarily being what others want you to be, just becoming a better version of yourself. That's how I look at things for myself.

I am unsure what you mean.

RiRi

I am unsure what you mean.

Well, since you said...

Just keep being you, not who others want or expect you to be.

I thought that maybe there can be exceptions to this statement. Such as some person A might advise person B to be a certain way as a form of improvement and then person A can reflect upon it and say that maybe that is something that needs to be changed. So in turn, person A in a way would end up being what person B wanted them to be (because they took the advise). But at the same time, person A is still being them. I hope that wasn't too confusing. If it was then I hope you can be patient with me.

Asgardian

I thought that maybe there can be exceptions to this statement. Such as some person A might advise person B to be a certain way as a form of improvement and then person A can reflect upon it and say that maybe that is something that needs to be changed. So in turn, person A in a way would end up being what person B wanted them to be (because they took the advise). But at the same time, person A is still being them. 

To be honest, I think my original point still stands. In your example, person A is still being themselves. I did not say you cannot take advice.

I hope that wasn't too confusing. If it was then I hope you can be patient with me.

I don't know why you are suggesting I won't be patient  :huh:

Edited by Phil