InsomniaDreams

I wish I could summon company spiritually...

InsomniaDreams

First off ill say that I'm not religious, However I do find aspects of spirituality interesting historically, psychiatrically, philosophically and conceptually. Concepts such as spirits and the soul have helped human beings communicate ideas beyond physical and scientific understanding for millennia. They are great literary and communicative devices for filling in gaps in our knowledge.

What I am about to write is fanciful and emotionally based.

I wish I could summon someone spiritually. When I'm out alone e.g. Walking in the forest with my dog or something, I wish I could summon the spirit of someone I know. This is usually someone still alive and someone I know. If it was otherwise it would require too much imagination and effort to keep up. It would also be more stupid imo as the basis is more in pure imagination and not based on fact or shared memories with that person.

I know someone will say 'why don't you just phone them', well yes I could do that if I wanted to. It's not the same as feeling their presence with you though.

One reason I like to think about all this, is I like to think my aspire awkwardness wouldn't exist with the person in who is with me in spirit.

In analysing this silly idea, I think maybe a reason for it is control. I want to switch people on and off. Summon and dispel. I don't want them to leave or stay. I know if such a control existed for me I wouldn't be happy anyway, it's more about comfort....and control.

Who would you like to summon and dispel when you are alone? Sorry if this is badly written, it's 5am and I haven't slept again.

spiderwoman0_2

We would all need to be telepathic which would be very handy :D

Toran

Would be a good thing if we were very little social interaction needed there sending thoughts instead of words I can see how that would be a good idea .

iggy
We would all need to be telepathic which would be very handy :D

I've always thought that being telepathic would make me more social, if I could just talk to the persons mind instead of actually talking :P

ztnt
Who would you like to summon and dispel when you are alone?

Is there any rules about living or dead people?

Can it be animals(pets)?

If so, my answer will be my first dog, a Daschund named Lucky.

InsomniaDreams

I suppose it could be animals yeah.

Toran

Our animal friends are much more loving than a lot of people there are a number of animals that I would call on over people that I know.

Mike_GX101

I think you'll need a ouija board then!!

Toran
I think you'll need a ouija board then!!

After you if your feeling brave lol

ztnt
After you if your feeling brave lol

I know someone who own one, but never got the balls to use it.