nichii

Cambridge Face Memory Test

nichii

This is a test used to indicate how well your memory is for recognizing faces. Low scores (60% or below) may indicate Prosopagnosia (face blindness). There are a couple other threads discussing face blindness, but I don't think any of them linked to this test. This test is supposed to be more accurate then other tests. Feel free to share your results. My score was 56%.

http://www.bbk.ac.uk/psychology/psychologyexperiments/experiments/facememorytest/startup.php?rid=8

nichii

The hardest part of that test for me was when they started showing a group of faces all at once. I have a hard time remembering more than one thing at a time. I did pretty well during the first part though.

King_oni

38%... doesn't surprise me at all, as I've missed recognizing my parents out in public a few times in the past as well.... so strange faces to me are even worse.

I've found plenty of ways to differentiate between people, but just seeing a black and white image on a screen does not really help with it. I found it funny they used Bart Simpson as the practice example, because him I can recognize among the other characters from the show; mainly because they're designed to have distrinct features; pretty much one of the ways I can often tell people apart in real life (distinct clothingstyle, tattoos, piercings, hairstyle/color and so on) but if I see just faces without hair (and in these examples, without facial hair even) or any other personal details, I'm kinda lost.

No Longer Here

78% for me. I do tend to remember faces but I'm terrible at remembering names. I have to set myself little memory reminders when I meet someone. Sometimes I even forget the names of friends I've known for many years

thegingerone

56%

The first ones were easy, but when there were more than one face, I didn't know how to go about memorizing them all together. then when they blurred them, I was lost :P

collectingrocks

64% but this isn't very representative for me as I am usually quite good at recognising faces. The hardest bit for me was the groups of 6 faces at once followed by the speckled ones

KatC

I got 82%. My problem isn't with remembering faces though. More often, its with matching up a specific face with who someone is, as well as remembering their name.