Sofi

Speech

Little Guy

When I get nervous and haven't had time to work out what I am going to say, I often say exactly opposite things. Other times, I can't speed up my tongue up or slow my mind down so I start jumping ahead, skipping whole thoughts ... at that point I may start waving my arms around.

StormCrow

The older I get the more problems i have with speech, I also am getting worse at singing (like tune). 

anyone else?

No Longer Here
7 minutes ago, Little Guy said:

My singing went from bad to worse.:rolleyes:

My poetry went from Bard to Verse :D:P

lifeis

I speak more fluently than most even when I've had a skin full.

Wicker

I have been a selective talker most of my life, throughout school i didn't talk to anyone except for the teachers and sat right next to or at their desk. Whenever I had to read something aloud i would usually read it as fast as i could causing half the class to not understand it and in turn i usually was skipped for reading (whoo). At work I only speak when spoken to and I am expected to give a verbal response. Sometimes i just can't seem to bring myself to talk, I can recognize and acknowledge that i'm not speaking to people but not be aware why. I will use non-verbal cues to answer them or short responses, most of the people at work seemed to recognize these episodes and respected my need for internalization. 

Over the years it has actually gotten a bit worse, when i moved 2 years ago i lost my small group of acquaintances I used to play MTG with and have not really talked to anyone socially since. I talk to my family but even that is selective, i usually try to be in a different room from everyone else because i find it awkward. I will stutter, jumble words like NinaGreen mentioned, or when i do talk it is usually a completely different topic or different context than the person i'm talking with. It is so hard for me to hold up any kind of conversation that is not technical, if i'm talking with someone over specific detailed things or processes then i will never stop talking. I am great at being able to reciting things I have read and know to be factitious, they just seem to stick and come out readily whenever I need them. I'm always seen as a "know it all" because when i talk i usually correct people or explain something for them, It bothers me when someone is telling another person inaccurate information or describing something and the other person isn't getting it. I don't mean to be condescending, rude, or anything like that at all, it just bothers me alot and i can't stop myself from stepping in. This attributed to being less social and talkative significantly because i didn't want people to misunderstand me or cause issues with anyone.

Any time i have an interview or anything business related I am able to generally get along okay because my dad is a district manager and growing up i watched how he interacted with everyone from work and on the phone. I'm able to get into a kind of business mode and respond the ways i've learned from him, most of our family cant tell us apart on the phone because of it. Put family or friends in my work environment though and everything goes out the window and i crash and burn.

I am not officially diagnosed, for those who are curious.