Sofi

Speech

Sofi
^^ i still do run away and hide when someone I don't know comes to the house, it triggers a fight or flight response. This just happened about 30 minutes ago :(

Me too. What happened? Who was it? Are you okay? I always run and sit on the hallway floor if I am in on my own, where I know no windows can see me. I sit there for a long enough length of time that the person must have given up and walked away. 

Nesf

^^Yes, I'm ok, thanks. I went into the kitchen where I couldn't be seen. As soon as he went away I felt better and came out of hiding. The same happens with the phone, I let it ring and don't answer it.

Sofi
^^Yes, I'm ok, thanks. I went into the kitchen where I couldn't be seen. As soon as he went away I felt better and came out of hiding. The same happens with the phone, I let it ring and don't answer it.

Yes, I know. I don't answer the phone either, it's never for me anyway! My mum is sometimes annoyed at me for not answering it, in case it's important. I don't like the phone though, and I can never be helpful to anyone on the phone anyway, it'd be pointless. 

My voicebox freezes over if I am ever on the phone.

Nesf
Yes, I know. I don't answer the phone either, it's never for me anyway! My mum is sometimes annoyed at me for not answering it, in case it's important. I don't like the phone though, and I can never be helpful to anyone on the phone anyway, it'd be pointless. 

My voicebox freezes over if I am ever on the phone.

For me the problem is that I don't know what to say and it's not for me but for someone else, so I get a whole load of questions "when will they be back? where are they?" etc, and I don't know!!! And then, when the person they want to speak to returns, I get "who phoned? What did they say? what did they want? Who was it? Sometimes they don't give their name and I forget to ask. It's awful!! <Shudder> I get treated like secretary. Since they don't want to speak to me, and I can't help them anyway, it's pointless to answer it.

Sofi
For me the problem is that I don't know what to say and it's not for me but for someone else, so I get a whole load of questions "when will they be back? where are they?" etc, and I don't know!!! And then, when the person they want to speak to returns, I get "who phoned? What did they say? what did they want? Who was it? Sometimes they don't give their name and I forget to ask. It's awful!! <Shudder> I get treated like secretary. Since they don't want to speak to me, and I can't help them anyway, it's pointless to answer it.

Yeah, I know exactly. it is pointless to answer when I can't help. That's why I don't answer the phone when I know it'll be for my mum and she's out an in case they try to give me a complicated message to tell her and I won't be able to write it down quick enough. It's just easier not to! 

Toran
Yeah, I know exactly. it is pointless to answer when I can't help. That's why I don't answer the phone when I know it'll be for my mum and she's out an in case they try to give me a complicated message to tell her and I won't be able to write it down quick enough. It's just easier not to! 

I got an answering machine that does it for you for that reason I hate answering the phone but you never know when its going to be important so you wont miss anything urgent.

Nesf
I got an answering machine that does it for you for that reason I hate answering the phone but you never know when its going to be important so you wont miss anything urgent.

An answering machine is a good idea to receive calls and you don't want to talk, but I don't like talking to them, I always hang up if I find one.

ztnt

Or you can make voices on the phone when you dont wanna talk.

-Eh no, no. Mr Rafael no es here!

Sofi
An answering machine is a good idea to receive calls and you don't want to talk, but I don't like talking to them, I always hang up if I find one.

I would never leave a message on someones answering machine... that is worse than an actual phone call I would imagine! 

Or you can make voices on the phone when you dont wanna talk.

-Eh no, no. Mr Rafael no es here!

Yes - "No, she is not here, this is the Butler... No, don't bother calling back. Okay. Bye, bye, bye, bye, bye, go away" 

Willow

I hate using the phone, but if I have managed to gather enough courage to actually do it, and then I get an answering phone, I just hang up quickly. Then if I actually do need to speak to them/let them know something, I will call back and have prepared what to say on the answering phone, but I usually get it completely wrong, and then feel annoyed. Or, they'll answer this time and I was just expecting it to ring until the voice message thingy. Ugh!