Willow

Some Things To Think About

Pinky and his brain

Noooooooo !!, yesterday evening everything was calm. Today I come home from work, and Asperclick looks like a war zone. :(

Dingo

Rather than start a new thread that might make people feel obliged to post on I thought I would bury this here.

I joined Asperclick when I was newly diagnosed and was suffering from workplace stress and GAD. I needed advice and support. I found it here.

Most of you know that I underwent CBT and took early retirement. I am now so much better.

Since then I have been trying to repay the debt I feel for all the support I got here.I have done this by trying to support everyone who needed it as much as I possibly could.

Unfortunately this place has changed character beyond what I am comfortable with. The tone of the place has been causing me stress that I don't need in my life.

With that said I am out of here. I wish you all well and thank you from the bottom of my heart for the support you gave me when I most needed it.

I'm really sorry to see you go  :(  I always liked reading your posts.  They were positive and friendly  :)  I feel like I've been asking a lot of people to reconsider leaving lately, but I don't feel right saying it since you are no longer comfortable here and it gives you too much stress.

If I'm being truthful, I have written loads of replies to these "arguments" that I haven't posted and I'm thankful for that. Some had been written with the intention of either educating specific individuals or hurting the other person back with "reality checks", this I'm not proud of. Again, I'm glad that I didn't post what I wrote. It just goes to prove that whilst writing something can be cathartic, it is always best to distance yourself from it before posting, no matter what your intention for it was. Many times, I write what I want to say in Word documents and end up deleting them.This helps me to process my feelings without escalating a situation. Although I do post heated replies on occasions. Have a cup of tea and read it again as if it was written by someone else towards you, then decide whether it is appropriate to post. Self-censoring in a sense. I'm not saying don't post, I'm just saying be careful what you post or how you word your posts, even if it was meant with the best intentions. Try assessing whether it is worth replying to commenters who you think are intentionally being nasty.    

I guess my point is, I shouldn't feel as if I have to do this in the first place, but I feel as I have to do this on a much more regular basis these days in regards to this forum. If I feel like this, perhaps others do too. IDK

So far these arguments have taken too many "casualties" :(      

I hope this made sense. I also hope that no one feels as if my comments were directed at them :)

This is a good idea.  I might start doing this.

I'm suspicious. I have a feeling that members from rival ASD forums are joining up here to cause trouble. It HAS happened before, and I'm seeing a similar theme occurring here. There's just too many new(ish) members arriving here and causing rifts... 

Call me paranoid, BUT... 

I thought it seemed odd, but I didn't suspect anything like that.  Now I'm a little paranoid, but I don't want new members to think they aren't trusted.

(deleted)

From XKCD 

duty_calls.png

Just my opinion, but I often think that some of the guys in XKCD might have Asperger's, and for that matter I know both theoretically and from experience that aspies often struggle to "let go" of a disagreement or incorrect fact.

And I think that anyone who tries to correct every mistake on the internet will spend the rest of their life trying to do so, and will never succeed...

Gone away

Just my opinion, but I often think that some of the guys in XKCD might have Asperger's, and for that matter I know both theoretically and from experience that aspies often struggle to "let go" of a disagreement or incorrect fact.

And I think that anyone who tries to correct every mistake on the internet will spend the rest of their life trying to do so, and will never succeed... 

I know ...tenacity can get in the way of moving on sometimes. The pic was just an attempt at humour ...  :D . If we can't laugh at ourselves from time to time things get too serious ...

Asgardian

I cannot and will not remain here as long as someone posting in the manner of a troll is allowed to get away with things while myself and Makelets get punished. We are both long term members on here and both of us, I would like to think, are fairly well respected. The support we have both received whenever either of us has said we are leaving gives credit to this view.

How can Willow warn us for baiting? BAITING?!? This guy has been provocative on numerous threads yet we are the people to blame. I am sorry for how things got out of hand, it was not my intent. He has shown no remorse at all. I feel let down. It feels like Willow has shown bias towards this guy, ignoring the fact that he is trying to cause trouble. Things are mixed up on here.

Edited by GondorianAspie

Willow

Marmite has received 2 temp bans and is in the mod queue for a few days, so he hasn't gone unpunished.

Asgardian

Marmite has received 2 temp bans and is in the mod queue for a few days, so he hasn't gone unpunished.

For what he has done, that is just a slap on the wrist. As I said, he has shown no remorse at all. Sorry, but I feel like I am being made the scapegoat here - again.

(deleted)

We're always the scapegoats. I can't think of one place in society where the innocent parties don't become the scapegoats.

Edited by invisible

L Lawliet

Maybe everyone should back off from Willow for two seconds and keep in mind that she is one person! Look I don't understand what's happening but it seems like we've all lost sight of why this forums here. Support!

Sadly I don't know Willow personally, but she's already said she's going through a rough patch and everyone is still attacking her and making her personally responsible for the actions of others. How would you all feel if a large group of people online were all ganging up on you when you were feeling down? I don't know about you guys but it would definitely send me down a path of depression.

Whether you agree with her or not, this is her forum and for one person, she has done a bloody good job and sorting issues out in the past. She is, as always, stuck in the middle and I think it's awful that she can't feel that she can offload some of the work on us because of how we've made her feel, on her own forum! It's sad that people feel the need to leave, and I understand why, but I don't feel that constantly going on about this is going to solve anything. Would it not be better off if we could just all move on? Create some new fun threads maybe to take everyones mind off this whole ordeal?

I agree with so many peoples different points, but I think it's silly that we are all arguing when we are all here for the same thing.

Just my opinion on the matter, sorry.

Asgardian

^I agree with much of what you have said, but for me personally it is too late. I know Willow works hard. I have defended her many times, including this time. Respect works both ways. I have always been respectful towards Willow but I severly doubt it is mutual. This incident has underlined that. My presence on this forum has become unwanted.