Willow

Do You Ever Worry You Don't Have Aspergers?

Toran

I worry a great deal about a lot of things including my aspergers assessment what if they think I have something else or they cant help me and I have to spend the rest of my life in limbo. What do I do if nobody can decide what I have where do I go from there.

Bruce

Potentially, if you're sure its AS, you could go for a second opinion or it may be that they convince you it isn't that but something else - in that case, it's still an answer!

Willow

Good luck to those of you who will be having assessments :)

It's interesting reading through everyone's replies here :D

@Toran, if you don't have Aspergers, I'm sure they will help you figure out what it is, you'll just have to be persistent with them, that you know there is a problem, and that you struggle. They will find what the reason is.

mary

As per Willow's sentiments, good luck to everyone who is going through the assessment process.  I hope it all goes smoothly for you and that you get the answers you need, and then support if you require it.

Nesf

Apparently, someone one from the diagnostic centre where they are going to conduct my new assessment called my mum and told her they were coming to visit me at home in three days, and my mum turned them down because I'm in Greece at the moment and it's too short notice. I'm rather disappointed at this because I missed this opportunity and don't know if I'll get another one :(

Bruce

That is a shame! Where is home, then?

mary
Apparently, someone one from the diagnostic centre where they are going to conduct my new assessment called my mum and told her they were coming to visit me at home in three days, and my mum turned them down because I'm in Greece at the moment and it's too short notice. I'm rather disappointed at this because I missed this opportunity and don't know if I'll get another one :(

That is a shame!  Could you not perhaps contact them and explain that you're in Greece at the moment, and ask them if there is a possibility to reschedule, as it was rather short notice?

Nesf
That is a shame!  Could you not perhaps contact them and explain that you're in Greece at the moment, and ask them if there is a possibility to reschedule, as it was rather short notice?

i think they told my mum I should contact them on returning to the UK.

Toran

Did you put yourself down for a shorterm appointment if you didnt seems a bit out of order to me you have to have notice.

Nesf
Did you put yourself down for a shorterm appointment if you didnt seems a bit out of order to me you have to have notice.

I don't know what I was down for, I wasn't expecting it so soon, and I was expecting a few weeks notice like I had with the private assessment. I think it could have been a screening or something. It's frustating that I didn't get to talk to them.