Nesf

Difficulty understanding humour

RiRi

I don't usually get humor either. I can understand some GIFs, but not really. I don't get why people think certain things are funny. I read half of the article posted, but I didn't understand much. Can someone explain to me what is teasing?

Also what is winds up? What is slapstick or toilet humor? Sorry I ask. I don't know what they are.

Edited by Makelets

RiRi

@PandaPrincess I don't get the joke your doctor made. It doesn't make sense. He suggested a doctor shouldn't be there, but there he was and then the joke was about a commercial about doctors being there. So it doesn't make sense. :lol: Like sometimes when people explain jokes to me I understand, but maybe this is one of them that I don't understand.

Edited by Makelets

RiRi

Sometimes I can understand why a joke makes sense, but I don't get why it's funny. Like the joke Ben made when I said I was confused, he said something about me being confused because maybe I saw his colorful underwear and he posted a picture of a very colorful picture. I understood it, but I didn't understand why it was funny. :lol: I do understand his humor sometimes though because I've noticed a pattern in the way he jokes. :) His posts can be funny. :lol: 

Debz is funny as well. :) I don't know just the way she seems to say things can be funny. :)

The kind of humor I have is more like pranks. I laugh watching prank videos, like prank calls or just pranks in general. I'm not sure whether I would laugh in person, probably not, but at least watching videos like that is funny to me. :)

Edited by Makelets

Primeape

@Makelets Thanks Anna, :) ive had the same comment before from My link worker at the day centre :lol: she also thinks its funny the way i say stuff, i like having the humour without trying :D

and i also like watching prank videos and prank phone calls they are well funny 

Nesf
8 hours ago, Makelets said:

I don't usually get humor either. I can understand some GIFs, but not really. I don't get why people think certain things are funny. I read half of the article posted, but I didn't understand much. Can someone explain to me what is teasing?

Also what is winds up? What is slapstick or toilet humor? Sorry I ask. I don't know what they are.

Wind up is another word for teasing. Slapstick comedy means practical jokes or pranks, or Tom and Jerry kind of humour. Toilet humour means things like laughing at body noises, somebody farts at the Vicar's tea party and everyone looks shocked... I don't know why this should be funny, but it is :)

I don't get GIFs either, or memes. If someone uses them to illustrate a point, I don't always get how it relates to the point the person is making. I don't always get what the expression on a face means, or what the caption means. Sometimes people use them instead of writing a post, and I don't understand why they post that and can't just say what they want in words. I usually just skip past them and ignore them. I wish people wouldn't use them. I do get them sometimes, though.

8 hours ago, Makelets said:

Sometimes I can understand why a joke makes sense, but I don't get why it's funny. Like the joke Ben made when I said I was confused, he said something about me being confused because maybe I saw his colorful underwear and he posted a picture of a very colorful picture. I understood it, but I didn't understand why it was funny. :lol: I do understand his humor sometimes though because I've noticed a pattern in the way he jokes. :) His posts can be funny. :lol: 

Debz is funny as well. :) I don't know just the way she seems to say things can be funny. :)

The kind of humor I have is more like pranks. I laugh watching prank videos, like prank calls or just pranks in general. I'm not sure whether I would laugh in person, probably not, but at least watching videos like that is funny to me. :)

36 minutes ago, DebzMata08 said:

@Makelets Thanks Anna, :) ive had the same comment before from My link worker at the day centre :lol: she also thinks its funny the way i say stuff, i like having the humour without trying :D

and i also like watching prank videos and prank phone calls they are well funny 

I like pranks, too :D