Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sarah allen

Look into my eyes and ask an aspie?

sarah allen

My world is different from your world, my thought process is different than your thought process. But how social media, news articles and medical researchers present the word autism to me in my opinon in a negative way, simply because society thinks finding treatment or different types of therpys will us on the spectrum. But have you looked into my eyes or someone else diagnosed as an aspie? Have you thought is that what they want for them to be fine just they way they are as a aspie? They kinds of questions you ask can actually offend someone on the spectrum example: what's it like with autism ? Never ask until you really know the person!!!! These are things to know all in the eyes of an aspie what do you think?????

collectingrocks

I don't want "therapy". I just want to learn to understand communication to get by in the world and maybe have some CBT to help with bullying issues at work. As an aspie, I don't need therapy or special treatment. 

Gone away
On 04/02/2016 at 9:11 PM, sarah allen said:

But how social media, news articles and medical researchers present the word autism to me in my opinon in a negative way, simply because society thinks finding treatment or different types of therpys will us on the spectrum.

I think its often people trying to justify / creatively keep their jobs without much thought as to the impact of their views + a sad determination to appear authoritative. 

There is also a wider commercial business (money) element in finding and/or creating 'problems' that require rectifying (at a cost). 

Lefki

Sally Tomlinson has written some great articles about a new industry. The one that is built upon special needs. Psychologists, psychiatrists, pharmacists, doctors, teachers etc etc all of those people gain a great amount of money because some people are different. Cause we are still not in that point of history where we understand that every creature in this planet is different. 

Whoknows

That people really ignore what Asperger's is. :(

How could you blame them with so little information or relevance to the media? :mellow:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.