Lefki

Connect with yourself

Lefki

To be completely honest, the reason I started this topic is because this was the only section of this forum that had no posts and this made me feel weird, because it doesn't match with the others and it has haunted me the last few days!! So I thought I could share here the ways I handle anxiety and pain from IBS. 

So for anxiety I usually do yoga. But I am not a very athletic person so I have found an easy sequence that even my boyfriend, who cannot even bend to grab a coin from the floor, loves ! 

I really love the music and the narrator's voice is so smoothing to my ears. I hope you feel nice with the sounds too. An other video that is very good is from Adriene. I really like this girl cause she is very kind and she explains a lot. So this is totally beginners! 

As for my IBS pains, I've been practicing reiki and I now some of you may find it non sense, I used to laugh at it earlier but it really helped me a lot. I don't think this is something magical or connected with Gods and stuff. I believe it simply has to do with your body warmth and blood flow. So I am putting a link with basic stuff about reiki for anyone who might be interested and a music video.

http://www.reiki.org/faq/whatisreiki.html

I will be very glad to read some of your ways to relieve for anxiety or body pains you might experience!

Nesf

For anxiety I drink Bad Heilbrunner Anti-stress Tee, a kind of herbal tea. It helps a lot, a bit like an antidepressant medication without all the nasty side-affects. It also works immediately. For IBS symptoms, I am very careful about my diet and what I eat. There are some foods that I need to avoid because they give me problems.

Anti-stress Tee.jpg

nikkiDT

I use music, the Sims and movies to de-stress.  EDM is perfect for drowning out those crazy thoughts.  It kinda forces you to stop worrying and live in the moment.  I also listen to jazz and classical music because they're both very relaxing.

collectingrocks

I know the Zen video you posted, I have it on my favourites. But I usually have to be in a state of semi-calm before I can listen to it, I can't listen when I'm so stressed out

RiRi

I usually listen to music when I'm at home to block out the noises. Some things I do to de-stress are things I like doing like watching a show, eating. Sometimes, when I remember, I write down things down. Writing can be very therapeutic. :) I'll post again if I can think of anything else. :) 

null

I've been wanting to get into yoga for ages but have been waiting for someone to do it with. Screw it, I'm gonna do it solo. I'll try out the workouts you posted @Lefki

Lefki

@null i beliene that yoga is better when you do it alone. Because the main thing you look for to achieve is a deeper connection with your own body and soul. So just focus on what your mind and body tells you, no pressure, no judgment and feel the absolute happiness wwhen you hear the word "savasana" (if I spell it correctly), the last pose. 

null
Just now, Lefki said:

@null i beliene that yoga is better when you do it alone. Because the main thing you look for to achieve is a deeper connection with your own body and soul. So just focus on what your mind and body tells you, no pressure, no judgment and feel the absolute happiness wwhen you hear the word "savasana" (if I spell it correctly), the last pose. 

I will definitely give it a go then. The no judgement part sounds especially good