Lefki

Connect with yourself

Little Guy

I use Pandora while I am working anything from Mozart to Zydeco to Johnny Cash to John Denver to Enya.
I walk miles in the country or town or both.
I read, read, read, read.
And now I visit AsperClick.:D

collectingrocks

Today I connected with myself. I did some photography, took the train out of the city to visit an abbey and had a walk in the woods So nice to get out (and to some peaceful places).

RiRi

I have done some drawing yesterday and the day before that. It has been therapeutic. 

StormCrow

Last semester I signed up for a yoga class. It ended up being a Therapeutic yoga class, so like a medical course for using yoga to heal people. Most of the time I had no clue what the professor was talking about (I'm majoring in Engineering, not pre-med) but it was still interesting. We did Range Of Motion evaluations on each other, we did facscia massage (hurt like hell), Tai Massage on each other and Ayurveda medicine. There was three guys in the class, one being the professor, and there were a lot of hands on stuff. It was a little weird, but I got use to it.

I'll stick with Tai Chi Chuan for now though  

Little Guy

Every other week I get an hour-long full body massage.
It's my time and I love it.:P

Lefki

Walking is an amazing way to relax. I used to walk much more. And to exercise as well. But lately I feel so exhausted for no reason really. Yes I do have a demanding time schedule in uni but I have 3 days off and a lot of free time. But even walking from the bus station to my school is making me really tired. I will try to take some walks everyday to remake my physical condition. 

A lot of people have told me about how great massage is. I tried it once with my boyfriend but it was too uncomfortable for me. All of that touching... Instead of relaxing I ended up angry & irritated.. LoL!!! I don't think this was the purpose!!! 

I love drawing.... If only I could be less judgmental of myself about my drawings... Some of the happiest times in my life were when I was drawing or painting something!!!

I would really like to do some modern dancing... When my economical statue gets better I would definitely try this.

Little Guy
2 hours ago, Lefki said:

All of that touching... Instead of relaxing I ended up angry & irritated

I am normally extremely touch sensitive but the masseuse uses a good body oil and is very gentle yet firm.

Willow

I have followed lots of Adrienne's yoga videos, but it was over a year ago now - I need to get back into it, so thanks for reminding me! 

I don't really know how I de-stress anymore, which is probably half the problem. My anxiety isn't too bad lately, it's just the depression that has really set in now, like, it genuinely feels like it has total control now; which is stopping me from doing almost anything. I still like to go out for a drive though, but I'm still on my learner plates even though I can drive fine, so I can't do it on my own. I think passing my test will help me so much - just gotta wait until I can afford it.

Poetry is a way for me to let go of some emotions. Drawing used to be something I enjoyed, but not so much anymore. 

PandaPrincess

I did have a lot of anxiety about doing art for a long time, but I've just started doing some anime fanart, and I am starting to feel better about doing art again.  I don't take doing fanart as seriously as I do with regular art because I am more of a perfectionist with regular art.  Doing the fanart has been very therapeutic for me.