mary

Food

Nesf

There are some foods i never get tired of eating like fish fingers, cauliflower cheese and yoghurt. Here there's a kind of fruit I can't eat because of the texture, so much so that the first time I tried to eat it I immediately spit it out and had to drink water to get rid of it from my mouth. It's called a kidoni here, I haven't ever seen it being sold in the UK, but you're not missing anything.

Sofi

There is one thing I never get tired of eating and that's macaroni cheese. Nobody will be surprised to hear that! It's really the only thing I feel comfortable with eating. Apart from chocolate and cake, of course. 

I get tired of other foods though, if I get obsessed with eating it for a while and it's all I will want to eat then I'll get bored of it. I went through obsession with bananas and Frosties. 

I don't like the texture of meringue or anything that is really light in my mouth, it makes me feel sick. 

Toran

I'm going to be having a chinese for tea. tonight a treat to save cooking on a bank holiday.

Sofi

I'm going to be having a chinese for tea. tonight a treat to save cooking on a bank holiday.

Yeah, that's nice. It's not a bank holiday here in Scotland, after all. But, I am going to a new place today called Scoopz, it does every flavour of ice cream and milkshake, any kind of sweet can get made into ice cream or milkshake. So, I hope I am able to make a decision. I'm really nervous about it. It was my Mum's idea. 

Nesf

Yeah, that's nice. It's not a bank holiday here in Scotland, after all. But, I am going to a new place today called Scoopz, it does every flavour of ice cream and milkshake, any kind of sweet can get made into ice cream or milkshake. So, I hope I am able to make a decision. I'm really nervous about it. It was my Mum's idea. 

If you can't decide you could always have one scoop of all the flavours you like - that's what I would do!

mary

I don't really like to have my foods mix up on my plate, but I will choose to eat some things together on my fork; like pork, apple sauce, stuffing and mash. I like that combination, but I like them separate on my plate all the same.

There are some foods I won't try just because the smell makes me gag, like this horrid mackerel that Chris eats. There are other foods which I love the taste off but I can barely deal with the texture, like Angel Slices.

My favourite food changes every few months. And I get bored of foods after a while. We buy the same foods each week, and have them on different days depending on how I feel about cooking it etc, but we'll change what we buy every now and then because we've gotten bored of it. Plus, after a while of having to cook a certain food, the smell will start to make me feel sick and we have to stop having it for a few months.

Right now my favourite food is maybe Lucky Charms for breakfast, crisps sandwiches for lunch and then Pork and vegetables for dinner.

I do that, I can eat the same thing for a long time but then I will get bored of it and not want to see it for some months.  I'll then decide it's time to start eating it again and then I go back into that cycle, of being able to eat it for a while.

I am the same with smells.  If something smells bad to me, like certain fish when it's cooking, I won't be able to eat it, no matter how nice someone tells me it tastes.

I cannot eat plane food because of the smell.  It's because all the smells have melded into one, and that puts me off right away.  Same with hospital food.

I've seen that more and more places are selling Lucky Charms... I think around by us you can get them in Asda and Tesco, as well as some speciality shops.  Are they easy to find by you?

There are some foods i never get tired of eating like fish fingers, cauliflower cheese and yoghurt. Here there's a kind of fruit I can't eat because of the texture, so much so that the first time I tried to eat it I immediately spit it out and had to drink water to get rid of it from my mouth. It's called a kidoni here, I haven't ever seen it being sold in the UK, but you're not missing anything.

I like fish fingers, with batter on but not crumbed - I hate the texture, but I can't eat them if they smell like fish :/  I have to have them when they're pretty much tasteless, so I guess in reality there's not much point to them!  I like yoghurt, esp raspberry :)

That fruit sounds rather awful!  I've just looked up what it means in English and it seems it's a quince.  Can't say that I've ever had the (dis)pleasure of eating it!

There is one thing I never get tired of eating and that's macaroni cheese. Nobody will be surprised to hear that! It's really the only thing I feel comfortable with eating. Apart from chocolate and cake, of course. 

I get tired of other foods though, if I get obsessed with eating it for a while and it's all I will want to eat then I'll get bored of it. I went through obsession with bananas and Frosties. 

I don't like the texture of meringue or anything that is really light in my mouth, it makes me feel sick. 

Haha you and your macaroni cheese eh! ;)

I like meringue if it's been made into a pavlova and it's crunchy on the outside but soft on the inside :)  In fact, I absolutely love pavlova :)

How did you get on?  Was it nice?  What flavour did you pick?

spiderwoman0_2

When I eat, unlike Sofi, I like to have lots of vegetables on my plate rather than just one thing. I don't do this so much now, but when I was smaller I liked to eat them in a certain order, the things I liked the least first, leaving my favourite one to last :)

Omg, I do that, I have loads of veg on my plate and always leave my favourite til last, this would normally be the meat part or pie or fish..........I still do this now lol

Xmas

I hope you enjoyed your visit to Scoopz Sofi. I love ice-cream and had a peach flavour in a waffle cone when I went to Rhosili on the Gower coast on Saturday. What flavour ice-cream or milkshake did you decide on?

Sofi

How did you get on?  Was it nice?  What flavour did you pick?

Yes, it was fine although it was very difficult to pick and as you know, I decided to get Oreo biscuit Milkshake in the end. I had just had a chocolate milkshake in the diner/cafe we had dinner in, then I went and got an Oreo milkshake, so a bit weird!

I hope you enjoyed your visit to Scoopz Sofi. I love ice-cream and had a peach flavour in a waffle cone when I went to Rhosili on the Gower coast on Saturday. What flavour ice-cream or milkshake did you decide on?

I decided to get an Oreo biscuit milkshake, which was nice although a little sickly! It is so difficult to make a decision on the spot. I stated to think maybe I should have got a fruit flavour ice cream instead!

The place was nice though, it had iPads attached to the wall and it said 'Feel free to use the iPads!' I had never seen anything like that before!

If you can't decide you could always have one scoop of all the flavours you like - that's what I would do!

That's a very good idea actually! I should have done that. I am terrible at making decisions on the spot like that. If I ever go again, I will be more prepared! 

Nesf

Yes, it was fine although it was very difficult to pick and as you know, I decided to get Oreo biscuit Milkshake in the end. I had just had a chocolate milkshake in the diner/cafe we had dinner in, then I went and got an Oreo milkshake, so a bit weird!

I decided to get an Oreo biscuit milkshake, which was nice although a little sickly! It is so difficult to make a decision on the spot. I stated to think maybe I should have got a fruit flavour ice cream instead!

The place was nice though, it had iPads attached to the wall and it said 'Feel free to use the iPads!' I had never seen anything like that before!

That's a very good idea actually! I should have done that. I am terrible at making decisions on the spot like that. If I ever go again, I will be more prepared! 

You can never have too many mikshakes! I like chocolate ones, but not strawberry or vanilla - they are too sweet. I always have one standard flavour of ice cream I go for, and if they don't have it, then I'm stumped! :)