mary

Food

Nesf

Does anybody find that a lot of milk products upset the system. If i have chocolate and drink milk then have say cerial for breakfast i get a bad stomach and feel queezy does anyone else have this problem with milk.

I don't have any allergies at all - but I don't drink milk anyway except for in coffee. I'm lucky because my dad had loads, including sodium glutamate which you find in a lot of foods as a flavour inhancer.

Richard

Foods that I have a problem with are cooked mushrooms and onions because of the texture (mushrooms make me gip). My favorite food is probably fish and chips, especially the battered fish.

Ik3

Not sure if it could be a factor, but my family was very poor when I was a young child, and I used to scavenge trash cans for food, which I think has resulted in my "Iron Stomach"

I could eat 3 week old roadkill and not even get indigestion lol

Served me very well during my tours in Afghanistan, while all the other soldiers were getting Dysentery! >_<

Toran

Not sure if it could be a factor, but my family was very poor when I was a young child, and I used to scavenge trash cans for food, which I think has resulted in my "Iron Stomach"

I could eat 3 week old roadkill and not even get indigestion lol

Served me very well during my tours in Afghanistan, while all the other soldiers were getting Dysentery! >_<

Doesnt sound at all appealing some of us dont realise how lucky we are do we.

Nesf

I've eaten things like yoghurt which was a day or so past it's expiry date and not come to any harm. Not that I make a habit of it! A lot of perfectly edible food is thrown out, such as left-overs which can be put in the fridge and eaten the next day, or fruit which has been rejected by the supermarkets because it has a blemish on it, or vegetables which are rejected because they're not the perfect shape, which I think is disgraceful

CherryCola

Food is difficult to me because I at the moment have a big problem with my appetite (sign of depression?), I can't eat too much. Sometimes I feel full after just 3 bites. And I just feel like nothing I'm being offred tastes good so I end up eating something safe that I know I'll like so don't starve. I hate buffets and eating in restaurant because of the big portions. I sometimes wish I could buy half a plate because of the size. Big portions makes me stressed.

When it comes to textures, I don't like veggies. I hate eating them raw and I hate it when I hear it crunch, i prefer putting them into my cooking so they're soft and tastes like the rest of the food. I prefer liquid to solid food, so I can drink a lot of water, usually 2 liters every day. And because of low appetite, I prefer eating soup, it's just so comfortable to eat soup. My favorites are tomato and mushroom soup. Textures I enjoy are whipped cream, chocolate mouse and ice cream, I love the smoothness of it. Dry food I do not like, and I hate when I touch bread and I get flour on my hands, makes me shudder.

I also have a weird relationship with food because I've been on a diet a few years ago, because I was a little overweight. I'm not anymore but I developed a few habits like I never skip breakfast and I always drink one glass of orange juice everyday, if I don't have any I'll get really frustrated. I don't like eating late at night, and I like eating with about 3 hours in between meals. I count calories everyday because of fear of gaining weight. It might sound a little like an eating disorder, but it's not. It's just guidelines that I like to follow.

I've also developed an obsession for the "forbidden" foods after a lot of dieting, like sweet drinks and sweets. I love baking cupcakes, cakes and other pastries but I usually only do it for other people but I love collecting recipes that I intend to one day try out (thank good for pinterest!). The obsession is really not about eating, it's more the way pastries look, how flavors combine and how it's made that fascinates me. And when I travel I always look up cupcake shops or bakerys beforehand so I can visit and try one cupcake or whatever they offer. It's one of my special interests, I guess. I also like to illustrate and draw food, that to me are pretty. A weird obsession to some people, I sometimes get laughed at when people look over my shoulder to see me drawing a hot dog or something. :)

Sofi

Food is difficult to me because I at the moment have a big problem with my appetite (sign of depression?), I can't eat too much. Sometimes I feel full after just 3 bites. And I just feel like nothing I'm being offred tastes good so I end up eating something safe that I know I'll like so don't starve. I hate buffets and eating in restaurant because of the big portions. I sometimes wish I could buy half a plate because of the size. Big portions makes me stressed.

When it comes to textures, I don't like veggies. I hate eating them raw and I hate it when I hear it crunch, i prefer putting them into my cooking so they're soft and tastes like the rest of the food. I prefer liquid to solid food, so I can drink a lot of water, usually 2 liters every day. And because of low appetite, I prefer eating soup, it's just so comfortable to eat soup. My favorites are tomato and mushroom soup. Textures I enjoy are whipped cream, chocolate mouse and ice cream, I love the smoothness of it. Dry food I do not like, and I hate when I touch bread and I get flour on my hands, makes me shudder.

I also have a weird relationship with food because I've been on a diet a few years ago, because I was a little overweight.

Colin

I like strange things= peanut butter and baloni sandwiches, ketchup and mayo mixed together, salt and peper squid, frozen grapes...

I don't like= kiwi, samon , liver..

Caroline

My husband does the cooking... he says mine is awful. I think I have a too good sense of taste, so I don't put salt or pepper or whatever... I find the food has flavour in itself and doesn't need anything else...

I hate cheese, I can't eat it. (And I will know if they try to fool me and put cheese, for example in the soup... ;-) )

I love chocolate, cakes, crisps, French fries...