BAO152

Do I Have Aspergers or Am I Just Introverted?

BAO152

I spend most, if not ALL of my free time doing solitary things like reading, thinking, I txt my girlfriend. I'm into computers so I do alot of tinkering with programming and analyzing computer program code. 

When I talk to people, I don't say much unless I know them really well... I don't like to make alot of eye contact so I play it off by looking at and cleaning my nails or tapping a pencil or something like that. 

I like to follow a routine most of the time, in which I can predict the outcome... if I can't predict the outcome I'll avoid it. I feel stressed out around a ton of people and noise... so I go some where quite...

RiRi

Hi @BAO152, welcome to the forum. :) It sounds like you're an introvert as introvert, in short, means spending time alone which is what I think you're describing in your OP. :) Avoiding eye contact, having a strict routine, and being overloaded in big crowds or by noise are all autistic traits. It's definitely possible, but I'm not sure. I feel like I need more information to make a more solid opinion. :) Here's a link where Willow Hope, the founder of the forum, explains what Asperger's Syndrome is. http://www.willowhope.com/pages/what-is-aspergers-syndrome I'm only providing it to see if you can relate to anything. I've posted, even though I'm not really sure what to say, but it's because I noticed no one has replied yet. I hope you find the forum helpful and that you like your stay here. :) 

Asgardian

Hello @BAO152

Three things stand out the most in what you posted which suggest to me you could be on the spectrum. You say you avoid making eye contact, you need to follow a routine and you get stressed my crowds of people and noise. These are all certainly traits of someone with autism. The test @Andy R mentioned is a helpful suggestion, I think most of us have probably taken a similar test when starting on the path to diagnosis. As he mentioned, it gives a good idea of whether or not you may be on the spectrum.

nikkiDT

You certainly have some traits.   If you want, you can also take the Aspie quiz on RDOS as well.  It has about 120 questions.   But if you want to save the results, you only have an hour to do so.  I hope this helps.  Here is a link:

http://rdos.net

Edited by nikkiDT

BAO152

I took the quiz on rdos and scored a 7.6 on the neurotypical section.

BAO152

I'm sorry, I scored a 7.5 out of 10 (above average) on the neurodiverse talent section of the quiz on rdos. It says this section is high for people with Aspergergers and OCD. 

RiRi

@BAO152 That's good, it means you are probably on the Autism Spectrum Disorder. The Aspie Quiz is a good indicator. Will you seek official diagnosis in the future? When I first came here, I was undiagnosed, but after I was here a while, I made it a goal to get diagnosed and get that confirmation. There are lost of things you can learn by being on the forum. What are you planning to do?

I just retook the test, I didn't answer some questions, but I got about the same score I got last year, right before my diagnosis.

My scores this time around:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 140 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 70 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

BAO152

I see. These are my results overall:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 113 of 200

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 100 of 200

You seem to have both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits

RiRi

@BAO152 Hmm. That's interesting. Have you taken the AQ test that @Andy R provided as well? What did you get on that one? Can you relate to Willow Hope's description of Asperger's Syndrome? I'm just asking all of these questions because I want to help. :)