BAO152

Do I Have Aspergers or Am I Just Introverted?

BAO152

Yes, I did. I got a 32 on the AQ test. Thanks for trying to help me :D

No Longer Here
Just now, BAO152 said:

Then you are likely to be Aspie, although 32 is pretty borderline. (I scored 38 when I took it before my subsequent diagnosis)

Asgardian
4 minutes ago, BAO152 said:

32 is borderline, so coupled with your mixed results from the other test personally it sounds like if you are on the spectrum it is moderate. I should point out that the results from your two tests also suggest perhaps you aren't on the spectrum. Neither test result seems very conclusive to me.

Edited by StraightToThePoint

RiRi
1 hour ago, BAO152 said:

No problem. :) Based on your results (inconclusive Aspie Quiz and borderline AQ), I would say it's still hard for me to say whether you are on the Spectrum. The Aspie Quiz, in my opinion, is more indicative of whether you're on the spectrum since you don't really know what you should answer to appear more aspie. It's based on aspies/auties answering a certain manner. I also can't really make an opinion as I don't know more about your traits. Perhaps you have subclinical ASD? Since you might fit some traits, but not all? Or maybe you can have severe ASD kind of like displaying only certain traits strongly? Or maybe you're an introverted NT? It's all possible. 

Edited by Makelets

Asgardian

One more thing I should add. Although both your tests are borderline, they are both suggesting you could be on the spectrum and in that case I think it is worth pursuing a potential diagnosis if that is what you want to do.  

Gone away
5 hours ago, BAO152 said:

I see. These are my results overall:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 113 of 200

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 100 of 200

You may or may not be spot on with your results - some people find their results vary a little when taking again

It may be worth trying the tests with someone who knows you very well present ... as you might be answering some questions optimistically.

My son and partner were vehemently opposed to some of the optimistic answers I gave on previous tests ... they were of course right, as my perception of myself is not as others see me

RiRi
5 minutes ago, Going home said:

You may or may not be spot on with your results - some people find their results vary a little when taking again

It may be worth trying the tests with someone who knows you very well present ... as you might be answering some questions optimistically.

My son and partner were vehemently opposed to some of the optimistic answers I gave on previous tests ... they were of course right, as my perception of myself is not as others see me

That's a very good observation and advice. Maybe @BAO152 should try that. Maybe he'll get different results. 

Little Guy
On 4/27/2016 at 11:41 AM, Makelets said:

Have you taken the AQ test that

I got 41 on the AQ test.

BAO152

I've taken the Myers-Briggs and got INTJ, sometimes I get INTP. I wonder if these types display AS traits?

Asgardian
2 hours ago, BAO152 said:

I've taken the Myers-Briggs and got INTJ, sometimes I get INTP. I wonder if these types display AS traits?

The problem is I don't think that test is related to autism.