Alice

Aspergers Films

Alice

I watched My name is Khan a week or two ago. I really enjoyed it. I know what you are saying @2takuya it is a long watch, and not usually what I go for in terms of style (sad and meaningful - I like happy/upbeat/quirky and meaningful as the dominant overall feel) but it was good. 

2takuya

I finished My Name is Khan, definitely a great movie! I need to find something that's not sad though, those movies are the hardest to watch . . . 

Alice

Also apparently Lisbeth from the Millenium trilogy has Aspergers. I love these films. But do yourselves a favour and watch the swedish versions with subtitles because the American remake is rubbish.
Names:

The girl with the dragon tattoo (2009)
The girl who played with fire
The girl who kicked the hornets nest

Roxy

We need a new Aspie film. There hasn't been one for awhile.

Alice

@RoxyThis looks good. I cant find a copy of this online. The Amazon one you can rent is only available in the US. There are no digital copies I can get in my country it seems

Roxy
1 minute ago, Alice said:

@RoxyThis looks good. I cant find a copy of this online. The Amazon one you can rent is only available in the US. There are no digital copies I can get in my country it seems

https://www.amazon.co.uk/You-Could-Words-Region-NTSC/dp/B003XYWIWS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464514139&sr=8-1&keywords=if+you+could+say+it+in+words

I couldn't find a copy online either so I purchased the DVD. A little pricey but worth adding to your DVD collection =)

It also has a few extra features about Aspergers on the disc.

Alice

@Roxy Nice, let me know how it goes :) I have a macbook though- so no DVD drive :( If the dvd store has a copy I might purchase an external dvd drive I can plug into my laptop because they cost about the same as the DVD. 

No Longer Here

I am watching a British film called X + Y at the moment on Netflix. It's a very good portrayal of Asperger's  (albeit a maths prodigy). I believe it is called A Beautiful Young Mind in USA.

2takuya

Has anyone seen A Mile In His Shoes? I haven't seen it yet but it's a baseball film and according to Netflix the pitcher has aspergers. Maybe worth a watch?