Nedarb

Society Is Messed Up

Nedarb

Whatever happened to mutual respect? In the last few years, feminism and black lives matter have become very talked about issues. They stand for gender equality and racial equality, respectively. Or so they claim. Feminism is about men and women being treated equally in society and ending sexism, BLM is about blacks being treated the same as whites in society and ending racism. You'd think that reality would reflect their respective definitions. But both seem to have no problem being racist and sexist; to whites and men in particular. Frankly I'm getting a little tired of it. Anyone else?

Asgardian
Just now, Nedarb said:

Whatever happened to mutual respect? In the last few years, feminism and black lives matter have become very talked about issues. They stand for gender equality and racial equality, respectively. Or so they claim. Feminism is about men and women being treated equally in society and ending sexism, BLM is about blacks being treated the same as whites in society and ending racism. You'd think that reality would reflect their respective definitions. But both seem to have no problem being racist and sexist; to whites and men in particular. Frankly I'm getting a little tired of it. Anyone else?

Yes, I agree with you. Both feminists and BLM actually seem to encourage discrimination in my opinion, not discourage it.

Peridot
7 minutes ago, Nedarb said:

Yup. It's (literally) crazy.

veearrell

Bigoted much? If you're a white male you have no right to complain because you hit the jackpot as far as having your basic human rights given to you without question.

Edited by veearrell

Nedarb
14 minutes ago, veearrell said:

Bigoted much? If you're a white male you have no right to complain because you hit the jackpot as far as having your basic human rights given to you without question.

Racist and sexist much? Thank you for proving me right!

Asgardian
15 minutes ago, veearrell said:

If you are going to call someone a bigot, it is probably a good idea to not come across bigoted yourself when you say it.

Nedarb
17 minutes ago, veearrell said:

I'm also curious to hear your explanation of my life. Prove to me that I'm a privileged white male!

lifeis
1 hour ago, Nedarb said:

I don't totally agree, not all feminists and blm advocates have no problem with being racist or sexist to their respective opposite gender/race. I do agree with you in part though its just that this is a bit of a generalisation.

1 hour ago, veearrell said:

I don't think you can tell anyone who's life you most likely know very little about that they've"hit the jackpot" I disagree with your post entirely.

Nedarb
7 minutes ago, lifeis said:

I don't totally agree, not all feminists and blm advocates have no problem with being racist or sexist to their respective opposite gender/race. I do agree with you in part though its just that this is a bit of a generalisation.

I don't think you can tell anyone who's life you most likely know very little about that they've"hit the jackpot" I disagree with your post entirely.

Oh I don't doubt that there are rationals in both movements who are just as embarrassed to share a planet with these toxic people and genuinely want racial and gender equality. But its hard to ignore reality; most of the leading voices in the movements are racist and sexist. 

veearrell
Just now, Nedarb said:

Oh I don't doubt that there are rationals in both movements who are just as embarrassed to share a planet with these toxic people and genuinely want racial and gender equality. But its hard to ignore reality; most of the leading voices in the movements are racist and sexist. 

http://www.dailydot.com/opinion/reverse-racism-doesnt-exist/

https://thegenderblenderblog.wordpress.com/2009/04/13/another-101-fact-there-is-no-such-thing-as-reverse-sexism/