Arthur

Stimming

Arthur
I work at a store and recently have been given quite a few shifts being the customer greeter, yes that's right I've had shifts of up to 6 hours of saying hello, have a nice day and checking the bags of people who didn't look like they were going to abuse me because I was breaching there privacy. I like to play with a rubber band or something like that cause otherwise I get twitchy cause I get bloody bored otherwise.

How are you able to do that for 6 hours? I would go insane from boredom of standing saying hello goodby I hope you will find something better

StormCrow

I'm not sure if it's stimming, but I always have to sniff my food before eating it.

Also I always rub my eyes or pick at the sides like I have saw dust (Maybe I do, since I always am woodworking)

actually I scrunch my nose and sniff too more saw dust up there, lol

Fireandshadows

I tend to rock when I'm anxious or dissociated and sometimes I do odd things with my hands, just moving them in repetitive ways and clicking when I'm anxious. If I'm happy, I tend to bounce and sometimes flap my hands. There's a great Tumblr about stimming if anyone's interested btw

Willow
I'm not sure if it's stimming, but I always have to sniff my food before eating it.

Also I always rub my eyes or pick at the sides like I have saw dust (Maybe I do, since I always am woodworking)

It may not be just the woodworking as I am the same with my eyes and nose. And it gets worse the more anxious I get. 

Stressmonster
I tend to rock when I'm anxious or dissociated and sometimes I do odd things with my hands, just moving them in repetitive ways and clicking when I'm anxious. If I'm happy, I tend to bounce and sometimes flap my hands. There's a great Tumblr about stimming if anyone's interested btw

Sure. Share it with us. :)

Khasper

I typically will shake my foot if I'm sitting down, or I will pick at my finger nails, like they have something stuck under them, and the more anxious I get the worse I start to actually rip and seperate the layers of my nails. I never go past where it connects to the nail bed though.

Mark

I tap my heels alot. I also wring my hands.

Erythrura

I always find myself tapping my foot or playing with my hands. Sometimes I also unconsciously dig at my hands or legs (if I have my hands in my pockets) with my fingernails, and I have a few scars from that  <_< My stimming gets worse in social situations. 

Heather
Stimming is repetitive movement or vocal sound.

Me it's playing with my hair twisting it making knots, calming for me.

While sitting repetitive motion of leg up down motion.

Touching my chin repetitively.

I play with my hair, usually my bangs/fringe.  I think it's when I'm nervous or I subconsciously do it when I'm explaining something.. I didn't really notice it but my boyfriend has pointed it out a few times.. He always says not to do it or my hair will fall out. :) So I stop then until the urge strikes again! haha :)  Also, I tap my leg up and down sometimes when I'm waiting for something.  Or I might just move my foot or wriggle my toes.. I think I've done that a few times at work when I was waiting for a customer to order and I'm just standing at the til, I can't move around but I don't want to stare at them.. but I need to keep them in my view so I know when they want to order.. tiring. haha.

I flap my arms when i'm really happy... While making a high pitched sound... Let's just say i don't do it much in public... :blink:

I make high pitch sounds when I'm excited sometimes too.  Or also when I'm really stressed, I'll speak in a high pitched whiny voice. :(  Though on the happy note, I remember when I met my boyfriend for the first time I think I was pretty high pitch giggly for the first few moments of meeting him and realizing I was finally with him. :D

I used to sniff cups before I would use one, to make sure they were clean.  :D  I also sniff bread and other foods to make sure they are okay for eating.  My boyfriend does similar with certain things too.

I don't think I rub my eyes or anything anymore.  But when I was younger, I used to lick my fingers and "wet" my eyes.. they always felt so dry.. and we had a substitute teacher one day and she saw me doing it one time and told me not to do that.. she said that she used to do that and that's why she got glasses.  (There were a few things I remember hearing in elementary/primary school and I have thought about them more recently and realized that they probably were lies.. but what can you do..)

I also remember I used to suck on the edge of the shirt I was wearing (Around the neck)when I was younger.

I typically will shake my foot if I'm sitting down, or I will pick at my finger nails, like they have something stuck under them, and the more anxious I get the worse I start to actually rip and seperate the layers of my nails. I never go past where it connects to the nail bed though.

I pick at my finger nails too, and to avoid doing that I have to keep my nails short.  I sounds like in a slightly different way though.. though it's hard to describe so it might be the same.  A few times I pick them so much that they started to hurt.. and of course it didn't go away when I cut the nails but it did stop me from making it worse.

Sofi

I have a few  including a lot of tapping, flapping and clapping of my hands and fingers, sometimes I randomly start doing a new variation! I think it is when I am excited about something I have just seen or heard.  When i do this, i often feel like my face is tensed up too. I also flap my hand from one side to the the other fast on the floor, or my leg, or the wall or any surface sometimes too. Also, vocal noises and humming.