Alice

Drawing challenge?

Alice

Would anyone be interested in a drawing challenge? Its meant to motivate you to get drawing, trying to draw new things, and just have fun. 

You could post them all, or only ones you like, or just comment on your experience. 
They can be as simple as you like, just doodling, manga style or anything, there are no rules except no critiquing- thats not the point. Its just meant to be fun and keep you accountable to draw something each day.. Im ridiculously uncomfortable posting drawings but willing to give it a shot if others are... :)
I like this challenge:

64454445c8375b64c1f9d477752d3ab0.jpg

Alice

I got this off pinterest - and the tumbler account it was linked to no longer exits - if anyone wonders where it is from

There are plenty of others out there, I just like the list itself (and you can interpret any item however you wish). If you would rather a different list, please post, we can always do separate ones or have options 

Edited by Alice

RiRi

This sounds awesome! :) I will be definitely be giving it a try. :D Thank you for posting. :) 

Sounds so fun, I already want to start drawing some of the things mentioned on there, but starting with a self-portrait is awesome. :D 

Can we start any day? Or would it be best to start at the beginning of a day? (For me, it's already past midday).

No Longer Here

I would love to do this but I don't have time. All my artistic energy is going into learning music for the 3 bands I am in

Alice

Awesome :) any day is great @Makelets. Its morning for me right now. Im doing an essay at the moment which is boring me to tears and need something creative.

I was worried noone would say yes :) 

People can start at the begining (or a chosen point) at any time, its alright if we are out of sync. If people start anywhere other than the begining, you could come back to the first ones afterwards so you still do the 30 days :)

Edited by Alice

Alice

@Andy R that sounds great. You can always chip in with a random one if you find the time. Sounds fun what you are doing though 

Peridot

lol I was acually watching Mark Crilley when I stumbled upon this thread. I love threads like these.

Back in 2009 I actually set as a goal the realization of a feature length animated movie. I planned to do it on my own with limited drawing skills. It was this story about a young woman in school who'd feel depressed and as the story developed evil would manifest in the shape of a monster in the sky that she'd destroy. The ending would be cool; you'd see all the people come out of their houses and they'd all be together which would be a contrast with shots in the beginning of the movie where everyone was inside and you'd have this eerie silence...

But I stopped working on that back then as music became my main focus. You have to make choices as there's only so many minutes in an hour and only so many years in a life. I heard Mark Crilley say recently in a video that learning how to draw literally takes decades, you know?

I don't see myself picking up where I left off any time soon when it comes to drawing but I might dig up my pencils and draw something for this thread. Or for the "lolz". :lol:

Edited by Peridot

thegingerone

I've tried doing so many drawing challanges in the past and failed miserably :P

The only one I ever managed was InkTober last year.  Might give this one a go at some point though :)

RiRi

@Alice Thank you. :) That makes sense, and I think I've just changed my mind with the self-portrait and will start with one of the other options in the list. I will post the drawing on here once I'm done (in case I change my mind). :D Can't wait to get started! :D 

PandaPrincess
1 hour ago, Peridot said:

lol I was acually watching Mark Crilley when I stumbled upon this thread. I love threads like these.

Back in 2009 I actually set as a goal the realization of a feature length animated movie. I planned to do it on my own with limited drawing skills. It was this story about a young woman in school who'd feel depressed and as the story developed evil would manifest in the shape of a monster in the sky that she'd destroy. The ending would be cool; you'd see all the people come out of their houses and they'd all be together which would be a contrast with shots in the beginning of the movie where everyone was inside and you'd have this eerie silence...

But I stopped working on that back then as music became my main focus. You have to make choices as there's only so many minutes in an hour and only so many years in a life. I heard Mark Crilley say recently in a video that learning how to draw literally takes decades, you know?

I don't see myself picking up where I left off any time soon when it comes to drawing but I might dig up my pencils and draw something for this thread. Or for the "lolz". :lol:

I met Mark Crilley at a book festival several years ago. He autographed a book that I bought there. I still have it :)