Alice

Drawing challenge?

Peridot
1 hour ago, PandaPrincess said:

I met Mark Crilley at a book festival several years ago. He autographed a book that I bought there. I still have it :)

He seems like a really nice guy. ^_^

After giving it some thought, I'm thinkng about drawing the sea creature... Just need to figure out how to make it PG-13. :P

Alice

@Peridot I really like the sound of your animation. There is a site  hitrecord.org where you can collaborate on creative projects, They have released one full length animated movie collaboration: Anomalisa  (?Spelling). Im not sure that you would get to maintain creative integrity over the process however, as projects evolve along the way with multiple contributors, but you would definitely be able to get extra hands

I hadnt heard of Mark Criley, I just had a look, he is an exceptional manga artist. I agree about mastery taking a long time, they do say 10,000 hours at anything will achieve mastery. A habit of drawing every day is a good place to start.
In all honestly, I tend to avoid looking at artists like that because I get nauseous, theyre brilliant. Im not that kind of artist, im not very patient with art can often be quite impressionist. It depends on my mood. Sometimes accurate art feels cold, or like work, and I want something more expressive. Other times I like learning new drawing techniques, and drawing very precisely. 
I come from a family of artists and never got the talent gene, I avoided art completely until a year or so ago.  Ive learnt to ignore the pressure to be 'good' and just flow wherever it goes. Anyway, all art and creativity is welcome - get out your crayons if you want (okay I dont have crayons but it not the point)

I will start tomorrow as I am in the middle of an assignment (and shouldnt even be posting!). I will do the list in order otherwise I will confuse myself 

HalfFull

I like the idea but if I do get the time, I might struggle to scan it in as unsure where printer cables are.

With online drawing, its too hard, especially a self-portrait.

Peridot
1 hour ago, HalfFull said:

I like the idea but if I do get the time, I might struggle to scan it in as unsure where printer cables are.

With online drawing, its too hard, especially a self-portrait.

I'm just gonna take a photograph of it. No need for a scanner, necessarily.

HalfFull

So far the vast majority of photos I've taken with a phone, I've not figured how to get online, though I've managed it the odd time, so I could still give that a try.

HalfFull

Yesterday did a self portrait and today an Imaginary Friend (he has a square body, bowtie, handlebar moustache, square glasses and spiky hair).

I managed to photograph on phone then attach in email but my other email didn't receive it. Aargh!

RiRi

Day 1. Most Recent Dream. Being chased by water. 

I will be labeling my drawings as I post them here, but don't mind me. :) I wanted to re-do my drawing, but I thought that I best just leave it as is. I did this drawing yesterday. I still need to get started on the next drawing. :) 

574257d34b6f9_ScreenShot2016-05-21at8.39

RiRi

I have a question regarding the drawing challenge @Alice. I had made a drawing of a dinosaur, which had taken me a good hour, I think to draw. I had done the outline, but my computer just suddenly shut down and I hadn't saved the latest version which meant I hadn't saved my work at all and thus lost it. :( I only have about 2 more hours for day 2, and I'm planning on drawing something really simple like what's inside my bag, but since it's a challenge, I assume we have to sort of fit a drawing in a span of 30 days? I just want to confirm that this is correct, and if so, to hurry up and do my second drawing. :lol: 

Alice

@Makelets I really like your drawing. It makes me feel like im dreaming looking at it. Beautiful.
Thats alright. I think as long as you do a drawing every day, regardless of whether it gets completed. It will set in a good habit, make art more comfortable, and get your brain thinking more creatively. I wasnt entirely happy with my self-portrait, and only did 3/4 of the drawing. You could do a quick, simple one if you want to be able to look back over the 30 days and 30 pictures, otherwise carry on tomorrow knowing you did something for the challenge today. 

@HalfFull Did it upload completely before sending? On my phone, if I just add a picture to a new email, wait for it to upload, then gmail saves it as a draft, which I can access anywhere. Or I email it to the exact email address I sent it from (in which case it will be in your inbox as well at sent items). Im not tech-minded so this may not be helpful/relevant to what is going on in your case

Edited by Alice