Alice

Drawing challenge?

RiRi

Drawing 18. Princess Jasmine. Initially, I was having trouble with it, but I think it turned out alright. I created s GIF of it. I didn't get the best pictures, or more from the beginning of the coloring because I didn't plan on making the GIF, hence why it might look kind of awkward. I might take more pictures on my next drawing to create a better transition.

output_Vvlq2b.thumb.gif.e42d1c325eddd96b

Final product:

5786894883aa8_ScreenShot2016-07-13at11.3

RiRi

Not sure why the GIF isn't working, but I think if you click on it it does. However, I'd like for it to move in the next drawing. Not sure how to have it move inside the post. 

Edit: I forgot to say that this drawing became much more easy to finish when I had my graphics tablet directly below my laptop as opposed having it to the side. I had seen a video on a guy saying that if you have your graphics tablet to the side, it messes up with the hand eye coordination and makes drawing more difficult. I think this might have been the case for me for the last however many drawings I did. I will try to do it as such from now on and see if my drawing and speed does improve.

Edited by Makelets

Pinky and his brain
18 minutes ago, Makelets said:

Not sure why the GIF isn't working, but I think if you click on it it does. However, I'd like for it to move in the next drawing. Not sure how to have it move inside the post. 

Edit: I forgot to say that this drawing became much more easy to finish when I had my graphics tablet directly below my laptop as opposed having it to the side. I had seen a video on a guy saying that if you have your graphics tablet to the side, it messes up with the hand eye coordination and makes drawing more difficult. I think this might have been the case for me for the last however many drawings I did. I will try to do it as such from now on and see if my drawing and speed does improve.

I think automatic playback of GIF's got turned off some time ago, because someone found it disturbing to have flashing images in posts. But I'm not sure, I may remember wrong, I just remember someone complaining about it. Maybe it's my personal setting that don't allow automatic GIF playback. :lol:

But clicking on it does make it start up as it should. :)

RiRi

@Pinky and his brain Oh, ok. Thank you for explaining. :) Maybe it's just the pictures which are directly uploaded to topics that are turned off? because @Peridot has uploaded some GIFs, which seem to play without the clicking. Maybe he uploads them to a picture hosting website and then gets the url, so not directly uploading to the forum hence why his GIF's play. Just inferring what it might be. I will check my settings to see if I disabled them. However, I do remember someone complaining about them a while ago too so it's possible they were turned off on the forum's general settings.

Thanks for letting me know. :) 

Peridot

318.gif

The cat seems to be moving. haha I just pasted its url into the "insert other media" box.

RiRi

Yes, it's moving. And can we later delete the picture? I want my pictures open for deletion for when I leave the forum. :D 

Peridot
3 hours ago, Makelets said:

Yes, it's moving. And can we later delete the picture? I want my pictures open for deletion for when I leave the forum. :D 

Maybe you can contact Willow about that as you can't edit the posts yourself thirty minutes after clicking "Submit reply".

Edited by Peridot

RiRi
2 hours ago, Peridot said:

Maybe you can contact Willow about that as you can't edit the posts yourself thirty minutes after clicking "Submit reply".

Yes. I'm aware of that. There's no need to ask Willow since I'm not planning on deleting any posts, at least not any time soon. Pictures which are uploaded directly to the forum can be deleted. It's always been this way. 

Edit: @Peridot Sorry for the confusion. What I was asking is if we can delete the picture later, if we do it your way of posting the url to the media box, but I guess the answer is yes and no. Meaning that if you've uploaded the picture to a photo hosting website which you have control over then later on you can delete the pictures, but if not then no. That's what I was trying to figure out.

I might create a photobucket account and do that for the GIFs so that they can move within the post. But knowing that it can take me a while to do these things, I'll just keep uploading directly to the forum. I just want the option for deleting pictures open for in case if I ever decide to delete them in the future. I'm not saying that's what will happen, but I just want that option. But I think I've just answered the question myself. Sorry, I should have explained myself more when I asked the question. I hope I've explained things better this time around. :) 

Edited by Makelets

Nesf

I've set my browser to turn off all moving gifs because I find them too distracting and they prevent me from reading the post, so for me they appear as an image that doesn't move. Anything moving on the screen while I'm trying to read drives me mad!

RiRi

Drawing 19. Monster from Mekakucity Actors. It didn't take too long to draw, it was one of the easiest drawings I've done. My technique of having my tablet right below my laptop I think helped a lot. I didn't perfect it, but satisfied with the result. I made a GIF which I'll upload to the forum.

output_litk2z.thumb.gif.c1a1ecbb3662b5e6

Final product:

57890ea5ece7c_ScreenShot2016-07-14at10.0