Alice

Drawing challenge?

RiRi

Day 2. A Dinosaur. A Stegosaurus. I've found a screen shot of a very rough version of the outline (I usually take screen shots of my drawing progress. I have some of the previous drawing too). So enlarged the screen shot, traced it and added some color to sort of "finish" the drawing. I feel better that it at least sort of looks finished. :) It's missing it's tail and some parts at the end as my original work got erased. Also, I used someone else's work to draw my own version of it. 

5742996a6b8e7_ScreenShot2016-05-22at10.3

@Alice Thank you for your compliment and for your post. :) I understand now, it isn't supposed to be stressful.  :) By the way, I'm really enjoying this drawing challenge. :) 

Alice

@Makelets Your are welcome. This one is really cool. You are brave with color - I never have the courage to put very different colors close together, I never even think of it. 

Visibility low. Day 2 - Imaginary friend. 

IMG_20160523_185141.jpg

^ not sad. Just had to say in case people get the wrong idea. There is a story behind it.. which will hopefully be a kids book book sometime.

Edited by Alice

Peridot

@Makelets I agree with Alice that it's a dreamy image. It looks really cool. I love the colors and the mood of it. You've really developed your own individual style and I like it.

Peridot

@Alice That would be a good kid's book. :) Very imaginative!

RiRi

Thank you @Alice and thank you @Peridot. :) 

@Alice I agree with @Peridot I really like your drawing, I think it would be a great kids book. :) Your drawing is great and your imaginary friend is cute. :) And it's cool that you had/have an imaginary friend. I've wondered what it would have been like for me to have an imaginary friend. 

Tylermc

@Alice hi ? I can't wait too draw I'm going too draw one of the things that are on the list next week ?

Alice

@Makelets Thank you :) Hes not actually my imaginary friend. I never had one. (My sister had several, which I never understood). But this guy came up when thinking what my imaginary friend might have looked like if I had one. What would I have found friendly, and fun to be around as a child - a creature who was also quiet, loving and had a big heart (too big to fit in his chest). 
I struggle with 'finishing' a drawing - shading, adding depth, etc and generally prefer to ink the out line and add a bit of color instead of doing these things with a pencil. Ive tried a few books but really struggle with this part.

RiRi

Day 3. What's in My Bag. Right now there are only a couple of dollars in my bag, but I wanted to draw some things that tend to be in my bag. :) 

5743c958659a1_ScreenShot2016-05-23at8.21

Catman2018

Drawing with your eyes closed

drawing with eyes closed.jpg