Alice

Drawing challenge?

Catman2018

Day 1: Drawing with my eyes closed

Alice

@Catman2016 I often do these anyway :) I just let my mind do what it wants, then I look at the scribble and what shapes and pictures I can see it it - and color these in/add detail/go over it with a pen. Its really interesting what your brain inadvertently creates sometimes. Like a self-administered rorschach 

Alice

Sorry about the quality I just took a quick picture of one. It was a pencil scribble, then pen over the lines I liked seeing what I could make of it. As like a warm-up or just for fun thing

IMG_20160524_183349.jpg

No Longer Here
4 hours ago, Makelets said:

Day 3. What's in My Bag. Right now there are only a couple of dollars in my bag, but I wanted to draw some things that tend to be in my bag. :) 

5743c958659a1_ScreenShot2016-05-23at8.21

I love your art style @Makelets. What materials do you use please?

Alice

I agree @Andy R

Day 3. Most recent dream (2 nights ago). Baby elephant, in a cave.. I was taking care of it. This is my most regular dream, but the animal changes each time.

IMG_20160524_223208.jpg

RiRi
15 hours ago, Alice said:

@Makelets Thank you :) Hes not actually my imaginary friend. I never had one. (My sister had several, which I never understood). But this guy came up when thinking what my imaginary friend might have looked like if I had one. What would I have found friendly, and fun to be around as a child - a creature who was also quiet, loving and had a big heart (too big to fit in his chest). 
I struggle with 'finishing' a drawing - shading, adding depth, etc and generally prefer to ink the out line and add a bit of color instead of doing these things with a pencil. Ive tried a few books but really struggle with this part.

@Alice Oh, okay. I’ve never had an imaginary friend either so for that one I was beginning to think that I might have to think of something else to draw. I thought I’d leave it for later since it can be hard for me coming up with ideas. It’s good to know I can do it like you now. I like your imaginary friend. It’s nice how you’ve described him/her. :) I would offer some insight on the shading and coloring, but I have struggled with it myself. I think I should look into it. As of now, all I know regarding it is that you imagine a light coming from whichever side and based on that, you make the parts that are facing the sun lighter and the parts that aren’t darker. However, I haven’t followed this myself. :lol: 

@Andy R & @Alice? (I wasn't sure if Alice agreed on everything or just some parts, so I decided to address this to both of you). :) Thank you. :) The utensils I used for the first drawing are a drawing program called “Krita” and my graphics tablet. I’m somewhat new using that program, but I wanted to move up from Gimp as I had read that Krita was better. Anyway, drawings 2 and 3 were done using Gimp. I used my graphics tablet for all of the drawings. :) 

RiRi

@Catman2016 & @Alice Very interesting eyes closed drawings. :) 

@Alice Your most recent dream drawing is so cute. :lol: And it sounds like nice dreams. :) Have you ever tried looking up the meaning of your dreams? (I hope this isn't off topic, I was planning on posting a thread about this.) :) 

HalfFull

Its Day 4, I think? So far, I've done all four. I'll try again with my phone Alice.

RiRi

@HalfFull I think the days will vary depending on when the person started. :) I think I started a day late so my Day 4 will be today, but for others it might be Day 2, etc. :)