Alice

Drawing challenge?

Catman2018

I'm thinking for tomorrow that I will do that imaginary friend topic for day 3 tomorrow.

RiRi

I still need to start my Day 4 drawing. I think I might do something simple like my zodiac sign. Not sure. 

Peridot
16 hours ago, Catman2016 said:

Drawing with your eyes closed

drawing with eyes closed.jpg

It kinda looks like two opposing creatures. Like a duel of sorts like in Pokemon.

Catman2018
Just now, Peridot said:

It kinda looks like two opposing creatures. Like a duel of sorts like in Pokemon.

@Peridot I didn't even think about that.  About my dream picture?

Peridot
1 minute ago, Catman2016 said:

@Peridot I didn't even think about that.  About my dream picture?

No, the "with your eyes closed" one. There's a big Pokemon on the left and a small one on the right. :unsure:

Catman2018
20 minutes ago, Peridot said:

No, the "with your eyes closed" one. There's a big Pokemon on the left and a small one on the right. :unsure:

@Peridot Thanks.

Gone away
17 hours ago, Catman2016 said:

Drawing with your eyes closed

drawing with eyes closed.jpg

Looks like a bicycle

Alice

@Makelets I have never heard of a graphics tablet before. Does it have a screen or is it like a big trackpad that connects to your computer? and you see it on your computer screen?
Thank you. I can shade or add crosshatching etc if it is following instructions, or looking at someone elses work, or an example to work from - although I still find it challenging - just the whole putting 3d on a 2d space confuses me, but when it comes to adding detail and shading from something from my mind, I find it really difficult, because then it is new, and it feels like there are no rules or reference to follow and I have to decide, and the image in my mind doesnt always stay, or have enough clarity to see details. Im not being very clear here, im sure if I just practice more following instructions/tutorials I'll get it enough to be able to apply it elsewhere..

In regards to dreams, I like this angle http://lonerwolf.com/understand-the-meaning-of-your-dreams/. Your dreams are really only you talking to yourself, and processing stuff from your day or unresolved things from the past in order to try make sense of them/find resolution. I do like to think about the meaning of my dreams, how I felt in the dream in response to different things, and what things might represent, I enjoy it. But I think its one of those things that can be taken too seriously, literally or mystically. 
I think its also something where someone else cant tell you the meaning (or significance)- we all have different meaning-relationships with different objects, events, people and emotions - and these are more important to understanding our dreams than generic symbolic meanings - although these dream-dictionary things can be useful pointers, but if the description is not what an object means to you I would consider it irelevant. I like the above articles approach of free-association writing to figure out what your dream means when you are not sure - basically just writing about it with an open mind to possibilities and hopefully it will 'click' at some point. 
Dreams are something you can use to learn more about yourself, if you can be honest with yourself and not get carried away or too worried. I think some are just not meant to make sense and can be creative release? So I dont worry if I dont understand some, or are just recycling bits from a tv show. I pay attention to repeating ones, or ones that feel/sense are important or have strong emotions. A good topic, I dont mind the deviation. The dream has meaning for me but seems weird to post - It already seemed strange saying what my dream was, but decided I didnt mind :) 

Edited by Alice

RiRi

Day 4. My Zodiac Sign. At first, I was going to draw the symbol, but I ended up drawing it how I thought the person would look like based on my zodiac sign description. Was a lot harder than I thought. And then I thought, it could work for both imaginary friend and zodiac sign. :lol: 

5745166f181e3_ScreenShot2016-05-24at7.41

RiRi

@Alice Regarding the graphics tablet, the one I have is like the cheapest one in the market and I'm relatively new to using one. I don't know how other tablets might be, but the one I have is a slightly bigger than my trackpad, almost the same size, actually, just that on the graphics tablet I can draw on it using a pen that goes with the tablet. While with the trackpad, I draw on it using my finger. Yes, for this one you see what you're drawing on the screen, you can use it as a mouse too. :) 

What's crosshatching? It sounds like it might be when you add shade to every line? lol I don't know if I've made sense. I don't know much about 2d and 3d. My drawings are mainly just without following instructions. I haven't properly taken any art classes or read books on it. I have watched some youtube videos recently, but they just sort of demonstrated the shading, without the names used in art. I guess you can say I'm art illiterate. :lol: I agree that the more you practice, the better you will get at it, I think it applies to anything you want to learn. I need to watch more youtube videos on shading and look up crosshatching and 2d and 3d. :) 

It seems like you know a lot more about dreams/dream interpretations than I do. :lol: I just know that sometimes we might miss things, which are made aware to us through our dreams, which is basically what you've said about us talking to ourselves. Yes, I agree that when looking up the definition of the dream through the symbols that only things that might resonate with us is what it could mean. I will take a look at the link you've provided. :) Oh, okay, no worries about posting what the meaning of your dream is. :) I just thought I'd mention the dream interpretations since you said you had similar dreams. :) And I only mentioned the previous sentence to explain why I mentioned the thing about the dreams. :) It seems like you know a lot more than I do. :)