Alice

Drawing challenge?

Alice

@Makelets Thats cool, Ive never really tried to draw on the computer. I really like your entry for today. Your art is just so likeable and relatable, but unique. I really like it. Have you thought about sending a portfolio to a gallery, or someone who knows about art? You mentioned in another thread wanting to take it further. Im sure they can at least give advice for how you go about pursuing it.
Im pretty new to art also (/illiterate to technique), I did it for one year in high-school, the didnt touch it till about a year ago. Ive looked at a few books, but like ive said, I dont have much patience for technique, I would rather just enjoy it (lazy!).

Crosshatching is like using fine lines, and intersecting lines to shade things, show its shape, give it textures. **This is not my art - just from google images as an example.

The 3d comment was just that items in the world are 3d (they have height, length, and depth) and paper is 2d, so sometime depth is exagerated to make it look more 3d in a picture. So drawing from still-life (3d object viewed; 3d perception thanks to having 2 eyes - our brain uses the difference between the images from each eye to create 3d perception) to a 2d surface (paper) while creating the illusion of 3 dimensions, sometimes confuses the heck out of me. Its a technical skill, not necessary for all kinds of art. A lot of art you dont want to be technical or it looses its character

About dreams, I agree with what you mentioned here too. Also, I dont think I know more. Im just too opinionated and can come across as an insufferable know-it-all.
I just know my own experience and my own conclusions - I dont claim to know the mechanisms behind other peoples dreams. Other people are free to think differently, which may be perfectly correct in reference to their own dreams. I didnt mind the question. 

b78c1ad70608d2c9ad8b374895b389c3.jpg

Edited by Alice

Alice

Day 4 - Redesign a book cover. I really like the series but the main character is a mechanic (who can turn into a coyote) who lives in T-shirts and jeans, barely brushes her hair, would not bother with earrings - and there is no mention of tattoos in the book other than the pawprint. I always felt this was such a ridiculous representation of the book (no offense to the brilliant author) and I dont think those who would be enticed by the cover would be the ones reading :) I was happy with the coyote. Moon is wonky and lettering is not my forte. Sleep now

71811.jpg

IMG_20160525_235204.jpg

Tylermc

Hi @Alice today is a rainy day outside so I'm going too stay in draw 

what day is it too draw on the drawing challenge ?

I love this drawing challenge ?

Tylermc

Here's my re deigns book cover its from Alex Ferguson leading ?

image.jpeg

Here's gambit from the xmen ?

image.jpeg

Catman2018

Imaginary friend drawing

backupPreview.png

Alice

Hi @Tylermc  That sounds perfect. Im up to Day 5, but I havnt done my day 5 drawing yet ?  I am really enjoying it too 

I like your drawings, especially your cover for Alex Ferguson leading. The original one on the book looked very serious. Your one has kinder eyes and and it looks more like a book I would want to read. Is it a good book?

Cool to see more of your artwork @Catman2016 hope you are enjoying it too ?

Catman2018

Day 3 Favorite Cartoon Character Yumi from Code Lyoko 

Sketch26432259.png

Catman2018
1 hour ago, Alice said:

Hi @Tylermc  That sounds perfect. Im up to Day 5, but I havnt done my day 5 drawing yet ?  I am really enjoying it too 

I like your drawings, especially your cover for Alex Ferguson leading. The original one on the book looked very serious. Your one has kinder eyes and and it looks more like a book I would want to read. Is it a good book?

Cool to see more of your artwork @Catman2016 hope you are enjoying it too ?

@Alice I am enjoying it. Thanks for enjoying my artwork, Alice.

Peridot

Treestick_zpsgb5lm8fm.png

Guy sticking a tree.

This was a failure...as I originally set out to draw a scene with a knight and a dragon and a castle and princess but I didn't succeed. The dragon at some point turned into a tree. lol

Anyway, I'm gonna keep drawing. It's been years since I've drawn. It's nice to be drawing again.

Alice

@Peridot What did the tree do to deserve such treatment?? :o 
Naw I like it. A valient hero :lol: That sounds really good

Edited by Alice