Alice

Drawing challenge?

Tylermc
6 hours ago, Alice said:

Hi @Tylermc  That sounds perfect. Im up to Day 5, but I havnt done my day 5 drawing yet ?  I am really enjoying it too 

I like your drawings, especially your cover for Alex Ferguson leading. The original one on the book looked very serious. Your one has kinder eyes and and it looks more like a book I would want to read. Is it a good book?

Cool to see more of your artwork @Catman2016 hope you are enjoying it too ?

Hi @Alice ?I'm a huge man united fan Alex Ferguson is a really great book ?I really enjoy it ? The next drawing that I'm going too do is the self porite and the pet drawing I'm going too do a French sheepdog called a briard ?????

RiRi

@Tylermc Nice drawing of your book cover redesign. I also like your handwriting. I think you have nice handwriting. :)

I really like this thread and have enjoyed seeing everyone’s submissions so far. :) 

RiRi

Day 5. An Instrument. Violin. Wow. I think this has been the hardest drawing from the challenge I've done so far. :lol: I didn't even get to finish it as I would have liked. I "finished" it late yesterday and was feeling overwhelmed/stressed to post it so I'm only posting it till now. :) 

57473b91e3e15_ScreenShot2016-05-25at10.2

@Alice I'm still thinking of a response to your post regarding the portfolio. :) 

Peridot

Buttercat_zpsn4vmvkhj.png

Buttercat. :P

Peridot

@Makelets Pretty cool... Looks professional. :) How long have you been drawing, if you don't mind me asking?

RiRi

@Peridot Thank you. :) That's a tough question. It's something that makes me sad because buying myself my first sketch book took a while save up for. It wasn't a special one, it was simple, but it wasn't something that I could just ask for. At some point, I wasn't even allowed to draw and my sketch books was taken away from me. Anyway, I started being interested in drawing since I was five, I did some drawings here and there, but didn't really practice it until now, about two years ago. I don't do it full time because I get bored of it sometimes, so I can take breaks in between. Digitally, I think about a year, I was drawing on paper prior to that. Sorry it wasn't a simple answer. 

RiRi

@Alice Thank you for liking my art. :) I like yours too. :) I haven't thought of sending my portfolio to a gallery or someone who knows about art. I don't know who that person would be. I don't have a portfolio because I think my drawing isn't that good. To be honest, I never thought I was that great at drawing, I always thought that people were better than me. Someone also once told me when I was younger that artists don't make that much money. I think I believed them too. I now know that they were wrong, but I didn't know this back then. 

lol I've been like that, not having patience for technique. :lol: Recently, I tried learning art from scratch by watching some stuff on youtube videos, like the cross on people's faces to make the eyes align, but haven't really gone back to practicing. I sometimes watch a video half way and then come back to it days later. :lol: 

Oh, I know what crosshatching is. :) I guess I had just forgotten the name. :) Thanks for explaining the 3d, 2d. I think it makes sense. :) 

@Peridot I forgot to mention that I became interested in drawing since I was five. Come to think of it, even though I didn't really practice it as I am now, there was always so kind of artistic touch to things I did. I did do some drawings when I was five. :) So maybe that does count as experience? :) 

Peridot

@Makelets I think the images you've posted could very well be used as illustrations in a book. I think you'd be a good illustrator. I like the textures e.g. with the violin how that one string is brighter than the others and how you've got that irregular look to the wood... It's pretty cool man.

And I think any experience counts. Every doodle, scribble etc. counts.

RiRi

@Peridot Thank you. :) I think I probably still have a long way to go, but I do hope that in the future I can have a job that pays me for drawing. That would be awesome. :) 

Hmm. Well, then since I was five. That's when I started drawing. :) I remember drawing the sailor scouts when I was five. :lol: I think you mentioned in your other thread that it takes a lifetime to learn to draw, I guess that applies to me. :lol: How about you? When did you begin drawing/start practicing it? :) 

@Catman2016 @Tylermc, everyone in this thread, when did you begin drawing/start practicing? :) 

Nesf

An instrument. A bucium, a Romanian traditional wind instrument (with a person drawn in for scale - copied and adapted from an existing image).

IMG_20160526_0001.thumb.jpg.c0fc5df31fc6