Alice

Drawing challenge?

Catman2018
4 minutes ago, Makelets said:

@Peridot Thank you. :) I think I probably still have a long way to go, but I do hope that in the future I can have a job that pays me for drawing. That would be awesome. :) 

Hmm. Well, then since I was five. That's when I started drawing. :) I remember drawing the sailor scouts when I was five. :lol: I think you mentioned in your other thread that it takes a lifetime to learn to draw, I guess that applies to me. :lol: How about you? When did you begin drawing/start practicing it? :) 

@Catman2016 @Tylermc, everyone in this thread, when did you begin drawing/start practicing? :) 

I started drawing about a year ago.

RiRi

@Nesf Your drawing is amazing. :) Is this a hidden talent you have? :o Do you like drawing? :) 

Peridot
Just now, Catman2016 said:

I started drawing about a year ago.

I started in school, I think. Back in the nineties. Sitting there bored out of my mind, led to me starting to scribble. But I haven't drawn regularly since school.

Catman2018
1 minute ago, Peridot said:

I started in school, I think. Back in the nineties. Sitting there bored out of my mind, led to me starting to scribble. But I haven't drawn regularly since school.

Same here @Peridot I started drawing in school a year ago.

Edited by Catman2016

Nesf
10 minutes ago, Makelets said:

@Nesf Your drawing is amazing. :) Is this a hidden talent you have? :o Do you like drawing? :) 

10 minutes ago, Peridot said:

@Nesf Nice!

Thank you :) I think I mentioned elsewhere on the forum, that I can copy, but I'm not so good at creating my own art from my imagination. This was copied and adapted from a photo. I used to do a lot of this kind of thing when I was a child. i sometimes make cartoon figures for the lessons with dialogue or captions. Really, I should try creating something of my own rather than just copying.

Edited by Nesf

RiRi

@Nesf I copy too. :lol: Most of the drawings on this thread have been copied material. :lol: lmfao I can't really draw anything from the top of my head. I watched a video the other day that it's okay to "copy" especially if you're just learning to draw because you learn how things are supposed to look like and eventually can do without seeing another picture as reference. :) 

Nesf
1 minute ago, Makelets said:

@Nesf I copy too. :lol: Most of the drawings on this thread have been copied material. :lol: lmfao I can't really draw anything from the top of my head. I watched a video the other day that it's okay to "copy" especially if you're just learning to draw because you learn how things are supposed to look like and eventually can do without seeing another picture as reference. :) 

Yes, that would be a good way to go about learning to draw :)

RiRi
1 minute ago, Nesf said:

Yes, that would be a good way to go about learning to draw :)

When you mentioned copy I wasn't sure if you meant tracing or using a picture as reference, but now I know you mean using it as reference which means you're really good at drawing. :) I don't know which thread that was, but you're just really good. :) 

This is the video, in case anyone is interested in seeing it. :) 

Nesf
22 minutes ago, Makelets said:

When you mentioned copy I wasn't sure if you meant tracing or using a picture as reference, but now I know you mean using it as reference which means you're really good at drawing. :) I don't know which thread that was, but you're just really good. :) 

This is the video, in case anyone is interested in seeing it. :) 

Thank you for the video :) I used a photo from the internet as a reference. In order to compare, here is the original photo. I changed the instrument the shepherd is playing to reflect other styles of the same instrument I have seen. Here is the original photo for comparison. My drawing was larger than the photo, but the image is smaller on the forum. As you can see, there are imperfections. My poor shepherd looks like he's about to fall over! :D

57475e5954c37_BuciumTrmbiTulnic02(Rumani

IMG_20160526_0001.thumb.jpg.4969de043435

Edited by Nesf