rainbow

Subjects at school you were good in

thegingerone
7 hours ago, Nesf said:

I had the opposite problem with essay writing, I had difficulty with hand writing and could never write fast enough. My essays were always very short. I sucked at English literature, because we had a task where we had to interpret an unseen piece of poetry or prose, and I couldn't do this task, so always got low grades.

Yep.  I have the same problem with not writing fast enough in exams.  I'm also terrible at unseen stuff, but I think it's more of a problem because of the pressure of exams and timing.  If I have no time limit, I am good at making up some meaning about a poem.

spiderwoman0_2

@Nesf, yes they were school subjects back in my day lol, I did the typing and office practice in the last two years of school, art was all five years of secondary school.

Edited by spiderwoman0_2

enchantressnine

English and music. 

My favorite courses in college were both music but one was an elective for non music major students. Music History and Pop/Rock/Jazz class. a

I love music.  It has saved me, so I figured I owed it to myself to study it for a degree. :)

AspieFox
On 25/05/2016 at 4:39 AM, enchantressnine said:

English and music. 

My favorite courses in college were both music but one was an elective for non music major students. Music History and Pop/Rock/Jazz class. a

I love music.  It has saved me, so I figured I owed it to myself to study it for a degree. :)

Music and art for me at school. Gave me some much needed confidence, because I am naturally very good in those areas. Now I'm studying an advanced diploma in composition and I'm a professional composer :) (after coming to my senses and not becoming a lawyer, although I got a masters degree in law).

Mimo

Science, Math, Music and computer classes. Later years included Band, Biology and Chemistry and but not physics. I tried honors English on and off but it was not my cup of tea. I good high grades in all subjects except in PE which still makes me mad. A person with Asthma and Asperger's who is clumsy and not very coordinated is probably not going to be successful at very many sports. If I had been graded on participation instead of skill level that would have made PE actually fun. Instead i always felt so defeated.

enchantressnine
14 hours ago, AveApollo said:

Music and art for me at school. Gave me some much needed confidence, because I am naturally very good in those areas. Now I'm studying an advanced diploma in composition and I'm a professional composer :) (after coming to my senses and not becoming a lawyer, although I got a masters degree in law).

I have a classmate from college going to University of Oregon this fall to start the masters program for a masters degree in musicology. So cool.

Aeolienne

English and other languages (including Latin).

I was never in the top stream for maths but I ended up studying it at university. Maybe I felt I had something to prove. :)

With science I tended to do better with the theoretical stuff rather than the practicals (mainly because of the dreaded words "find yourself a partner"). Things were a lot better at chemistry A-level, however, because the class was small enough for us to work individually.