RiRi

I'm Using the Forum Chat Right Now

RiRi

I'm using the forum chat right now in case someone wants to join me.

RiRi

Anyone else is welcome to join as well. :) 

Just now, StraightToThePoint said:

@Makelets Sorry, but no thanks.

That sucks. :( May I ask why not?

Asgardian
Just now, Makelets said:

Anyone else is welcome to join as well. :) 

That sucks. :( May I ask why not?

I just don't want to, I didn't know I would have to justify that. Sorry.

RiRi

I just don't want to, I didn't know I would have to justify that. Sorry.

You don't have to justify anything. lol I'm just curious. :rolleyes: Thanks for the response anyway. Maybe someday you can join. :) 

Asgardian
1 minute ago, Makelets said:

You don't have to justify anything. lol I'm just curious. :rolleyes: Thanks for the response anyway. Maybe someday you can join. :) 

A word of advice - this thread seems a little "off" in my opinion. Whenever you post about being on the chat function and asking if people will want to join, it feels like you are putting pressure on people to chat when perhaps they don't want to. Calling people out specifically and asking them - like you just did - seems even worse to me. Just my thoughts.

RiRi

A word of advice - this thread seems a little "off" in my opinion. Whenever you post about being on the chat function and asking if people will want to join, it feels like you are putting pressure on people to chat when perhaps they don't want to. Calling people out specifically and asking them - like you just did - seems even worse to me. Just my thoughts.

I didn't know that my thread was off. The purpose of it was so that people would agree in time when the chat was being used, but no one was there. It's totally optional if anyone wants to join, no one is forcing anyone to join hence why I always say "if" I never actually demand them to join. They can join if they want to.

I'm sorry, I didn't know what I was putting pressure on people to chat. I thought if I mentioned people perhaps it would make them feel more special and so they would join. I've had that happen before where I told someone if they'd like to talk and finally one day, they did and this was because I insisted and payed attention to them. They even told me that it did help because I asked them if it was okay and they said it was.

Why does it feel like that for you? That I'm pressuring people. That is totally NOT my intention. :rolleyes: But I'm not sure why you feel that I'm doing this. You should have a little more faith in people and not everyone wants to harm others. Just my thoughts.

Asgardian
2 minutes ago, Makelets said:

I didn't know that my thread was off. The purpose of it was so that people would agree in time when the chat was being used, but no one was there. It's totally optional if anyone wants to join, no one is forcing anyone to join hence why I always say "if" I never actually demand them to join. They can join if they want to.

I'm sorry, I didn't know what I was putting pressure on people to chat. I thought if I mentioned people perhaps it would make them feel more special and so they would join. I've had that happen before where I told someone if they'd like to talk and finally one day, they did and this was because I insisted and payed attention to them. They even told me that it did help because I asked them if it was okay and they said it was.

Why does it feel like that for you? That I'm pressuring people. That is totally NOT my intention. :rolleyes: But I'm not sure why you feel that I'm doing this. You should have a little more faith in people and not everyone wants to harm others. Just my thoughts.

1. People should be able to use the chat when they want.
  2. Just because you haven't said people have to join doesn't mean people don't feel pressured.
  3. Singling people out to join is just wrong all round. You put pressure on the individual and potentially alienate others.
  4. Your penultimate sentence is contradictory. It is you who has jumped to the conclusion that I am doing this to insult you. In truth, I am offering you advice. If you want to start lecturing me on having more faith in people instead of seeing I am trying to help you, then you go ahead.

RiRi
  1. People should be able to use the chat when they want.
  2. Just because you haven't said people have to join doesn't mean people don't feel pressured.
  3. Singling people out to join is just wrong all round. You put pressure on the individual and potentially alienate others.
  4. Your penultimate sentence is contradictory. It is you who has jumped to the conclusion that I am doing this to insult you. In truth, I am offering you advice. If you want to start lecturing me on having more faith in people instead of seeing I am trying to help you, then you go ahead.

NO ONE has said that people can't use the chat when they want to. NO ONE has said that people don't feel pressured, I just posted my part that I had no idea that people could be feeling pressured and that it wasn't my intention if it's that way. If someone feels pressured I want to reassure that there's no need as no one has to join if they don't want to. It's totally optional. And most of the time, if not all the time, I put that others are welcome to join as well, so there is no intent to alienate anyone. I haven't jumped to any conclusion that you're insulting me, but it an aspie tendency to take things personally. Though I haven't, the only thought I've had is that perhaps you think that it was my intention to pressure people, but it wasn't. If it's the case that I've pressured people then sorry. This thread was a mistake, nevertheless, my intentions weren't to pressure anyone. I don't know what's up with you lately, you've been trying to tell people to do things your way, but have you stopped to think that perhaps you should also try to see things from their point of view? I'm sorry to say, but it doesn't seem like it. Please don't assume I have taken offense, I haven't. Thanks for your input anyway.